Browns Bay Chum Derby See You There!

I am hoping to come, I just need to convince my friend with the boat. I have a few questions for those who know

Pound for pound do these Chum fight better than Coho's?
How big is your average fish? What weight gets biggest fish most derbys?

Just to let everyone know, I have three (3) charter boats that will accommodate up to 4 guests each available for the Derby.
All boats are 20 foot plus, with Cuddy's and washrooms onboard.
Fully equiped with all the usual gear and electronics, of course.
Cost is $100.00 per hour with a five hour minimum per boat.
Contact me directly for booking either by email or through my web page.
Paul

I wonder if ROB WARREN is going up im sure with his boat only burning 40 bucks a trip on gas ill hire him for even 50 bucks for the day ill throw in the extra $10 for good measure,just kidding now boys.have fun!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Please Review and Notify Me of Any Changes, Additions or Subtractions That Need To Be Made in Case I Missed Something or Worse Someone

Update For Friday Sept 22 2006 Only 21 Days From Now For Early Birds ;) 0r 22 Days From Now Till Derby Time

Browns Bay Chum Derby / The Second Annual Chumfest

Saturday Oct 15th and Sunday Oct 15th @ Browns Bay On Vancouver Island

Friday Night Meet and Greet and Planning Session 7 PM til ???? at the Octagon Clubhouse in Ripple Rock RV Park with ocean fresh treats thanks to Streamhopper. :D Please remember you can also bring snacks and appy's too to add to the mix of great cocktail party style food.

Heres what you can order @ Saturday Nights 7 PM Dinner @ the floating Restaraunt.

1. Halibut and Chips (Fries) $14.99

2. Salmon and Chips (Fries) $ 14.99

3. Bacon, Cheese Burger and Chips (Fries) Working out price!

Comes with salad bar as well (Green salad, Ceaser salad, potato salad)

They will also will be offering a choice of 2 different sushi plates for $19.99 TBA

*Beverage's are not included

Final Menu Choices Will Be Posted By Saturday Oct 23

Talked to Coop and weather permitting he will be attending with his big boat and a camera man to mabye film a show while he's fishing.

Here's the link to where were going.
http://www.brownsbayresort.com

If you have any questions please post them and either myself or someone else will provide you with the answers to your questions. I will post more information and updates as we go along!

List of those confirmed attending so far

1 MyEscape + 1 Guest
2 Ironnoggin + At least 1 Guest
3 Blue Orca
4 Thewhiteone
5 Lipptugger + 1 Guest
6 Brokenrod + 1 Guest
7 Sugar Magnolia + 1 Guest
8 Milo
9 Tad
10 Firstlight
11 BB
12 Alta Ken
13 Sdemone + 1 Guest
14 Streamhopper + 2 Guests
15 Wolf
16 Alexis
17 Baddog + 2 Guests
18 Barbless
19 Reach
20 Uncivil
21 Jokerwld
22 Comoxian
23 Albernifisher
24 Happy Gilmore
25 CS + 1 Guest
26 HardCore
27 Wasneddin
28 Steelheader
29 Coop + At Least 1 Guest
30 Grumpy
31 Xrayguy
32 EdDrazic + 2 or more guests
33 Troutslayer
34 Wheelmuddler
35 Broken Rod

Plus a few more I have yet to list. Many are both members here and Fishbc but we all share one common interest FISHING!!!

That makes a group of over 50+ Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There may be a few available seats on boats so don't be shy if you would like to attend but don't have a boat you just need to post and you may find a seat

Mabyes

1 TT
2 The Fishin Nut
3 Serena
4 Steely 06
5 Fishwidow
6 Plus others

Help me to continue building this list of people attending by either replying or emailing me Thanks

Moorage I've Confirmed

My Escpae
Streamhopper
Thewhiteone
Lipptugger ????????
First light
Reach
Alta Ken (With Shore Power)
Baddog (With Shore Power)
Alberni Fisher
Steelheader
Sdemone
Broken Rod
Ed Drazic

Others have booked their own moorage

If anyone else needs moorage or any one is canceling moorage please let me know ASAP by email with your full name size of boat and dates you need moorage as it is booking up fast.

I have booked a block of 15 sites that have power hook ups and 4 tenting sites in Ripple Rock Campground between the Octagon Clubhouse and the Fire Pit but need names type of RV and contact numbers ASAP to attatch to the sites. If you are tenting I also have to book those sites!!!!

Campsites I Have Booked

1. MyEscape and Guest (Oct 12-15)
2. Brokenrod (Oct 13-15)
3. Thewhiteone (Oct 13-15)
4. Firstlight and BB (Oct 12-15)
5. Reach (Oct 12-15)
6. Liptugger (Oct 12-15)
7. CS (Oct 12-15)
8. Sugar Magnolia (Oct 13-15)

NOTE: If You are booking your own site @ Ripple Rock RV Park just ask to be in the Fishing Group

If you want to donate a prize to the derby within a derby email me Thanks

Can't wait for for the fun to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Fish over 20lbs were caught yesterday! :D:D:D

Cheers Kev

Hi how do you sign up or register for the Browns bay fishing derby?

Mark me down as a maybe. Depends on what times the kids hockey is. Hopefully, will get out to the meet and greet and fish at least one of the days. Thanks

Quote: Hi how do you sign up or register for the Browns bay fishing derby?

You purchase a derby ticket one per person can call Browns Bay Marina or are on there on sale soon @ Tyee Marine in Campbell River

Quote: Mark me down as a maybe. Depends on what times the kids hockey is. Hopefully, will get out to the meet and greet and fish at least one of the days. Thanks

Will mark you down. Hope you can make it!

Cheers ME

Please Review and Notify Me of Any Changes, Additions or Subtractions That Need To Be Made in Case I Missed Something or Worse Someone

Update For Saturday Sept 23 2006 Only 19 Days From Now For Early Birds ;) 0r 21 Days From Now Till Derby Time

Browns Bay Chum Derby / The Second Annual Chumfest

Saturday Oct 15th and Sunday Oct 15th @ Browns Bay On Vancouver Island

Friday Night Meet and Greet and Planning Session 7 PM til ???? at the Octagon Clubhouse in Ripple Rock RV Park with ocean fresh treats thanks to Streamhopper. :D Please remember you can also bring snacks and appy's too to add to the mix of great cocktail party style food.

Heres what you can order @ Saturday Nights 7 PM Dinner @ the floating Restaraunt.

1. Halibut and Chips (Fries) $14.99

2. Salmon and Chips (Fries) $ 14.99

3. Bacon, Cheese Burger and Chips (Fries) Working out price!

Comes with salad bar as well (Green salad, Ceaser salad, potato salad)

They will also will be offering a choice of 2 different sushi plates for $19.99 TBA

*Beverage's are not included

Final Menu Choices Will Be Posted By Saturday Oct 23

Talked to Coop and weather permitting he will be attending with his big boat and a camera man to mabye film a show while he's fishing.

Here's the link to where were going.
http://www.brownsbayresort.com

If you have any questions please post them and either myself or someone else will provide you with the answers to your questions. I will post more information and updates as we go along!

List of those confirmed attending so far

1 MyEscape + 1 Guest
2 Ironnoggin + At least 1 Guest
3 Blue Orca
4 Thewhiteone
5 Lipptugger + 1 Guest
6 Brokenrod + 1 Guest
7 Sugar Magnolia + 1 Guest
8 Milo
9 Tad
10 Firstlight
11 BB
12 Alta Ken
13 Sdemone + 1 Guest
14 Streamhopper + 2 Guests
15 Wolf
16 Alexis
17 Baddog + 2 Guests
18 Barbless
19 Reach
20 Uncivil
21 Jokerwld
22 Comoxian
23 Albernifisher
24 Happy Gilmore
25 CS + 1 Guest
26 HardCore
27 Wasneddin
28 Steelheader
29 Coop + At Least 1 Guest
30 Grumpy
31 Xrayguy
32 EdDrazic + 2 or more guests
33 Troutslayer
34 Wheelmuddler
35 Broken Rod
36 Happy Go Lucky

Plus a few more I have yet to list. Many are both members here and Fishbc but we all share one common interest FISHING!!!

That makes a group of over 50+ Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There may be a few available seats on boats so don't be shy if you would like to attend but don't have a boat you just need to post and you may find a seat

Mabyes

1 TT
2 The Fishin Nut
3 Serena
4 Steely 06
5 Fishwidow
6 Fishinmaniac
7.Plus others

Help me to continue building this list of people attending by either replying or emailing me Thanks

Moorage I've Confirmed

My Escpae
Streamhopper
Thewhiteone
Lipptugger ????????
First light
Reach
Alta Ken (With Shore Power)
Baddog (With Shore Power)
Alberni Fisher
Steelheader
Sdemone
Broken Rod
Ed Drazic

Others have booked their own moorage

If anyone else needs moorage or any one is canceling moorage please let me know ASAP by email with your full name size of boat and dates you need moorage as it is booking up fast.

I have booked a block of 15 sites that have power hook ups and 4 tenting sites in Ripple Rock Campground between the Octagon Clubhouse and the Fire Pit but need names type of RV and contact numbers ASAP to attatch to the sites. If you are tenting I also have to book those sites!!!!

Campsites I Have Booked

1. MyEscape and Guest (Oct 12-15)
2. Brokenrod (Oct 13-15)
3. Thewhiteone (Oct 13-15)
4. Firstlight and BB (Oct 12-15)
5. Reach (Oct 12-15)
6. Liptugger (Oct 12-15)
7. CS (Oct 12-15)
8. Sugar Magnolia (Oct 13-15)

NOTE: If You are booking your own site @ Ripple Rock RV Park just ask to be in the Fishing Group

If you want to donate a prize to the derby within a derby email me Thanks

Can't wait for for the fun to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Fish over 20lbs were caught yesterday! :D:D:D

Cheers Kev

Over 60 Fishermen Confirmed In Our Group

Well the Second Annual Chumfest Weekend is right around the corner! 20 days away not that im counting! I am quickly putting all the final touches on making sure everyone's needs are met. I had no idea that it would double in numbers from last year or I would have hired help. ;)

To think last year myself and a few others thought it would be fun to have a group get together for this fantastic fishing weekend and look at how word spread about last years unforgetable event and how it has grown. :D

I truly enjoy planning this event but this year it's been tough being away alot and doubling in numbers but everthing is quickly falling into place. [^]

What I really like is the fact that most of the money raised from derby tickets goes to the salmon enhancement society. Good times good cause! :D

So do you want to look at the pictures or do you want to be in them the choice is yours ???? There's still time to make arrangements. [:p]

Looking forward to seeing you all there. [8D]

Cheers Kev (MyEscape)

Hey Kev, Sure turned out to be alot of work this year eh! I know what your going through as in my old job all i did during the summer was put together and organize golf tourneys for 30-144 people and try to get commitments, reservations and prizes!! So good on you for all your work you are definetly owed a big THANK YOU!! As for the derby I will definetly only be able to make the Sunday but I was wondering if you could pick me up 4 tickets to the derby some how as I'm not in Campbell river before then and I know you probably can't buy in after Saturday when we get there right!? If you could pick me up three that would be awesome and I'll pay you ASAP and we could even meet in town and I could get you the money! The three names are Brook Petersen, Dave Nagtegaal, and Jamin Rohne and John Sarginson. Looking forward to it in the worst way! Gotta love those triple headers and chaos galore! Let me know if you can or if there is another alternative. Thanks Buddy!

SWC

Official Details Updated Sept 26 Of Chumfest 2007 / Browns Bay Derby 2007</u>

Tickets $ 20.00 per person to participate in derby all weekend. All people on a boat must have a Derby Ticket for those I have booked moorage your tickets will be held for you and your guests or boat mates!

Do Not Assume There Will be Tickets!!!!!! Only 250 Being Sold For The Derby!!!!!!! So if you are booking yourslf make sure you get tickets!!!!!!

Meet and Greet / Planning Session On Friday Oct 13 from 7pm til ??????? @ the Octagon Club House in Ripple Rock RV Park just above the Browns Bay Marina. There will be a few of us providing tips to make this a very fishy weekend for all attending. BYOB and Pot luck so please bring snacky food or seafood we will have the BBQ'S going and the fresh scallops flowing.

Saturday Nights Dinner is SET!!!!!</u>

MENU: Hand carved roast beef dinner with all the fixings in the floating restaraunt @ 7.30pm til 9pm only $15.00 including tip!!!! CASH ONLY</u>!!!!!!!!

During dinner there will be a CASH BAR </u>@ reduced prices!!!!

***Special Exception Can Be Made In Advance For Any Non Beef Eaters.***

After Saturday Nights Dinner we will either head up to the Octagon Clubhouse or weather permitting or the Fire Pit or both!!!! ;) For a night of fishing stories, wobly pops, planning sessions and R&R.

If you sent me emails to book moorage etc I require your Full Name and phone number for me to do this for you!!!!!! If you have emailed me and not recieved a response please email me again.

Cheers Kev[/b]

The Derby Is Only 18 Days Away So Here Are Some Important Points To Read!!!!!

I personally will not be booking anyones moorage @ Browns Bay Marina after Sept 30th. So after that you will have to do it yourself by calling 250-286-3135. So if you want me to do it email me with your size of boat date you will arrive and depart full name and phone number no later then Sept 30th. Moorage is booking up fast!!!!

I recieved confirmation on moorage slip numbers and will email them or contact everyone by phone to relay this information.

I will recieve campsite numbers today and will forward those by email or phone.

Please remeber to bring some kind of shareable snack/appy food or seafood for Friday Nights Meet and Greet!!!!

I recieved confirmation from the Browns Bay Floating Restaraunt about Saturday Nights Dinner and was reminded it is CASH ONLY</u> for both dinner and the bar!!!!!!! Remember the cash machine or bank is over 10 minutes away!!!!!

Browns Bay Chum Derby Tickets are $20.00 Per Person includes both days

Prizes:

Largest Chum $500.00
2nd Largest Chum $400.00
3rd Largest Chum $300.00
Largest Aggragate Weight of 4 fish Oct 14th $250
Largest Aggragate Weight of 4 fish Oct 15th $250

Plus many donated prizes to be given away for hidden weights etc

Best Part Is Proceeds From This Derby Are Donated to Greenways Land Trust

http://www.greenwaystrust.ca/

Our Group is now over 65 People It Will Be A Weekend of Great Times and Fantastic Fishing. I Can't Wait!!!!!

If you have any questions or otherwise please feel free to email me.

Cheers Kevin (MyEscape)

Kevin you are doing a great job organizing this event, we all know what a thankless job it can be. So lets hear a big ATTABOY!!!
Brokebrod

Please Note: Saturday Nights Roast Beef Dinner @ The Floating Restaraunt Will Be From 6:00PM until 8:00PM Not from 7:30 til 9:00pm like previously posted

I will Contact Everyone With Ther Slip Numbers for Moorage and Campsite Numbers For Those Who Have Had Me Book For Them

Cheers Kev

:DThanks a bunch Kev. Kudos to you for setting this all up, looks like it's going to be a sweet event.

Scott

Only 13 Days For Those Arriving Thursday Til The Browns Bay Fun Begins!

We have over 60 People and over 20 Boats Confirmed Attending Just In Our Group!!!

Many of us will get a chance to meet on the Thursday Night but the Meet and Greet on Friday Night is going to be a blast.

Saturday Nights Roast Beef Dinner is open for all of you to attend including your guests. Remember to bring cash!

I will be arriving on the Thursday afternoon and would like to invite those arriving early to join us up in ripple rock campground will post the site # soon for an After Dinner Happy Hour Planning Session!

Well my job is pretty much done. Will finish contacting everyone with there site and slip numbers by Monday. Time to start getting the boat and gear ready to win a derby. ;) So if you haven't booked through me by today you will have to call 250-286-3135 for moorage and tickets or 250-287-7108 for campsite reservations.

I wish everyone safe travels and please carry a spare set of trailer bearings and tools just in case!!!!

If you need to get a hold of me with any questions etc call me on my cell @ 250-287-0131 anytime.

Cheers Kevin aka MyEscape

Back