Browns Bay

BigBadBrad

Looking to take my kids chum fishing this October to Browns Bay early October. How has it been the last couple years? Can one expect a decent return this year?

Any input is much appreciated.

cheers,

BBB

Timing is tough.
Early to mid October has generally been better than late October.
Weather is an issue.
Browns Bay is a great place to be though.

Then there's the competition......

IMGP0399.jpg

IMGP0398.jpg

Right on thanks for the replies! My little boy
Hugo absolutely loves eating Chum. Panfried skin down, little crispy, little salt and pepper he devours it…skin and all!

BBB
Hugo would. probably enjoy poking around the Quinsam more that time of the year.....maybe catch a couple. Jack', coho ???.... see a bear ,.probably more entertaining than sitting in a boat down rigger fishing for hours on end ???......just my two cents....?...maybe both ???

Last edited:
Hugo loves the Salt Chuck. Just like his old man, it has shaped who he is as and I couldn’t be more proud of him.

For Hugo, nothing beats heading out in our double eagle with a couple Diet Pepsis and a Foster Farm corn dog for lunch. Never complains when things are slow. He loves driving the boat and steering through traffic when the tack gets busy. Had a little run in with a charter boat last year around bamfield…He dozed off and I was too busy re rigging a rod when our down rigger booms rubbed. I think the guide was trying to strong arm us but Hugo showed him who’s boss. Kid is a natural that’s for sure!

Booked a weekend trip at Brown Bay first weekend of October! Can’t wait.

BBB

Be aware that there maybe a seine opening somewhere around your booking time. Might be worthwhile to check with DFO to see if there is at least a tentative date for it. If the seiners do fish, it’s usually slim pickings for the likes of us for a few days after.

Be aware that there maybe a seine opening somewhere around your booking time. Might be worthwhile to check with DFO to see if there is at least a tentative date for it. If the seiners do fish, it’s usually slim pickings for the likes of us for a few days after.
If I was booking a trip I would do it just after Thanksgiving Weekend....and avoid a seine opening.

Right on thanks for the replies! My little boy
Hugo absolutely loves eating Chum. Panfried skin down, little crispy, little salt and pepper he devours it…skin and all!

BBB

Out of the salt it is Fantastic. Especially with the proper TLC.... Now I'm hungry

Hugo loves the Salt Chuck. Just like his old man, it has shaped who he is as and I couldn’t be more proud of him.

For Hugo, nothing beats heading out in our double eagle with a couple Diet Pepsis and a Foster Farm corn dog for lunch. Never complains when things are slow. He loves driving the boat and steering through traffic when the tack gets busy. Had a little run in with a charter boat last year around bamfield…He dozed off and I was too busy re rigging a rod when our down rigger booms rubbed. I think the guide was trying to strong arm us but Hugo showed him who’s boss. Kid is a natural that’s for sure!

Booked a weekend trip at Brown Bay first weekend of October! Can’t wait.

BBB
Captain Hugo at the helm,corn dog and Pepsi in hand, HI liners extraordinaire.....
Good .luck at Browns Bay

Back