Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I have thought of sharing a boat. I think it would work out pretty well, the only issue I see is fuel and topping it up each time if that is how you were to split it up. Going over to the dock and filling it up each time I think would add like 20m onto each trip or having to have jerry cans to fill. Not sure how well just doing it by hours works since really depends if your WOT or just putting around doing nothing for 3 hours.

Service, moorage and all the rest seems totally easy just to split 50/50.
We just roughly remembered to take turns. Easy to use a log and estimate or add a flow meter. All hard costs maintenance went into a spreadsheet for yearly reconciliation.

Yeah I think thats the thing for me though, this 542 sold the other week https://vancouver.craigslist.org/pml/boa/d/port-coquitlam-south-campion-542/7431096971.html for 25k with nicer seats though looks like the one for $35k is taken better care and newer engines but overall I'm not sure
You are right if it's still around it is overpriced. One draw back it looks like a carb Honda and of course in radar unicorn is thing of imagination. Thing is a new 90 is going too be close to 20k including taxes after controls, cable, new hydraulic ram, labour https://www.usedvictoria.com/all/39196495 If you look at enough beat up 17 footers with two strokes this one is going to look pretty good with two 4 strokes.
I got a new yamaha 115 last year with 5 years of warranty,flush mount controls, stainless prop, guages, install, taxes and finanacing for $17k

I got a new yamaha 115 last year with 5 years of warranty,flush mount controls, stainless prop, guages, install, taxes and finanacing for $17k
SG? That seems like a good deal compared to what Vector is listing the 90 for.
You buy it? it's pending
Nope, had a vasectomy Thursday so no climbing over boat projects for me. Just not many 22 foot boats out there on a good trailer. I sent a buddy a slightly larger project to split last week but no dice. Its tough too find a good big outboard boat, just got a quote for a triple axle trailer for another buddy $23,814. Couple nice looking projects over the line, but that is a tough game and I'd be over my head before I hit the boarder.
Is that under powered for that boat?
According to this guy yeah https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1068106713756447/
2007 Trophy 2052
$70,000 250hp

I’m waiting to hear back from this guy what’s our thoughts on foam core transoms
Is that actually a hourston? Kinda looks like a zeta or something. Looks small for a 20'er that's for sure.
My buddy Re-did his transom on a 90’s trophy with the pour in composite stuff and it was great. Hard as concrete but floats. Liquid as it goes in so fills in all the nooks and crannies. And the floatation raised the stern by 2-3” so it actually was self bailing again haha. Not sure if this guy used a similar product but it was great for my buddies trophy

Last edited:
Not mine.... new 50hp yamaha motor on a Starcraft 16k
Some of the best days of my life were on my dads 16 foot StarCraft. Caught a lot of fish and memories.

Is that actually a hourston? Kinda looks like a zeta or something. Looks small for a 20'er that's for sure.
My buddy Re-did his transom on a 90’s trophy with the pour in composite stuff and it was great. Hard as concrete but floats. Liquid as it goes in so fills in all the nooks and crannies. And the floatation raised the stern by 2-3” so it actually was self bailing again haha. Not sure if this guy used a similar product but it was great for my buddies trophy
Yup it’s a Hourston

Kind of inline with what I want.. Not sure how I feel about these potential home builds though.

Selling broker said the beam is 6'5" .. could it really be that narrow?

Back