Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

That’s exactly what I’m after next . Little out of budget though.
interested in a 2870? 140 hour suzuki 300's, rigged to the tits! all garmin, bow thruster. i am thinking of buying land. this baby may have to go.

What are you going to look for next

hard to say id like a alum, I found one in seattle but its got 2 stroke main but a 4 stroke kicker for 10k us, temping for sure. But also considering going in with the wifes uncle who already has a almost new hewes 18' as we fish together alot of the time as well but ive heard sharing can sometimes bite you in the butt..

I have always wondered about that. I have seen it on various boats, is it that they do this so they dont have to redue the entire transom and instead just sandwich Aluminum on each side? Is there anything wrong with that longer term?
I did the aluminum sandwich because my new motor was a 25” leg and the transom was designed for 20” leg. Looks like that campion might be the same predicament

I did the aluminum sandwich because my new motor was a 25” leg and the transom was designed for 20” leg. Looks like that campion might be the same predicament
Did the same on my 175 Malibu. Got a great deal on a long shaft and had a aluminum raiser made to mount it, transom was rock solid

Did the same on my 175 Malibu. Got a great deal on a long shaft and had a aluminum raiser made to mount it, transom was rock solid
Yeah and it keeps off some of the salt water splashing on the cowling because it’s 5” higher.

Attachments

• FCF1A0C9-AD7A-44C5-B063-EB0B448507D9.jpeg
    FCF1A0C9-AD7A-44C5-B063-EB0B448507D9.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 76
Used Cowichan.
$10,000 · CAMPION EXPLORER

- 18'6" CAMPION EXPLORER W. ALUMINUM POD AND RADAR ARCH. - CLEAN UPHOLSTRY, CUDDY IS CLEAN,DRY AND NO SMELLS OR MILDEW - LOTS OF NEW PARTS AND EXTRAS - NEW STEREO, VHF, WASHDOWN PUMP,WIRING,SPEAKERS - LOWRANCE FISHFINDER - LOWRANCE CHARTPLOTTER YAMAHA 150HP MAIN, NISSAN 15HP KICKER - TRAILER NOT INCLUDED
This looks like a pretty good deal I’m sure they would include the trailer for the right offer..

hard to say id like a alum, I found one in seattle but its got 2 stroke main but a 4 stroke kicker for 10k us, temping for sure. But also considering going in with the wifes uncle who already has a almost new hewes 18' as we fish together alot of the time as well but ive heard sharing can sometimes bite you in the butt..
Nothing wrong with a little butt bite.

I didn't share my Hewes but shared my 25 C-Dory for 2 years. Definitely a good move if you fish together once in a while and remember that no matter what things cost or how cheap someone is being, you are still saving 50%. Is the 18 Hewes a Searunner?

Nothing wrong with a little butt bite.

I didn't share my Hewes but shared my 25 C-Dory for 2 years. Definitely a good move if you fish together once in a while and remember that no matter what things cost or how cheap someone is being, you are still saving 50%. Is the 18 Hewes a Searunner?
Fair enough lol, its a 180 sportsman

Fair enough lol, its a 180 sportsman
I have thought of sharing a boat. I think it would work out pretty well, the only issue I see is fuel and topping it up each time if that is how you were to split it up. Going over to the dock and filling it up each time I think would add like 20m onto each trip or having to have jerry cans to fill. Not sure how well just doing it by hours works since really depends if your WOT or just putting around doing nothing for 3 hours.

Service, moorage and all the rest seems totally easy just to split 50/50.

Could be a deal for someone

1643666621422.png

I thought it was overpriced? Maybe not though... so hard to know these days. I just figured a 17 in decent shape is closer to 20k vs 27.

Then again I just found 2 comps from usedcowichan in 2019 and one was 18k (500hrs on engine), 22k for one comparable
You are right if it's still around it is overpriced. One draw back it looks like a carb Honda and of course in radar unicorn is thing of imagination. Thing is a new 90 is going too be close to 20k including taxes after controls, cable, new hydraulic ram, labour https://www.usedvictoria.com/all/39196495 If you look at enough beat up 17 footers with two strokes this one is going to look pretty good with two 4 strokes.

Back