Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

God that is tempting, even chatted with a guy about a hull to hang it on this morning. Anyone want to go halfers on a project in Victoria?
Info on the project? I’ve got a 250hp I’ve been looking for a reason to put back together.

Yeah I know on the selling fast part, good boats that are clean are selling in hours it seems.

Interesting you say your son likes it in there. I feel like mine would too but he also loves being in the action, helping with the prawn traps, always wants to drive, last year he was all about full throttle though at the end of the season he stopped slamming it to WOT 24/7. He has been in the boat since he was about a month old and always sits on my lap these days but we have not done any serious fishing so that is the one thing I have no idea if he would really want to be down in the cuddy. I might have to see if I can go out with a friend and take him and see what he thinks.

More people I have talked to say their kids never used the cuddy vs they used it. Though I think they could have fun in there

The cuddy boats are at least 10-15k more and require 30-60 more hp (185 / 542 vs 17'2 DE 17 Tyee etc) I'm just not sure its needed for the overall cost to run it and initial upfront cost to buy.
Had a trophy 2002 for 14 years. There was always a kid, or two, or three, in the cuddy. I can't imagine going out to fish with kids for any length of time without a cuddy.

Seen this one listed for about a year and a half now. I love these hulls and would like to pod one.

Any thoughts on the age of this hull? Would you assume stringers and transom are soaked if they haven’t been rebuilt?

Maybe that the 300 is the one they took of the cutwater that was poaching in nootka a couple years ago...?

I'd love a 300 on my seafarer ...truck replacement has priority.

Seen this one listed for about a year and a half now. I love these hulls and would like to pod one.

Any thoughts on the age of this hull? Would you assume stringers and transom are soaked if they haven’t been rebuilt?
Hardly anything sits on the market that long, especially from a respected builder. Must be some obvious red flags.

Even if it is solid, it could use a lot more than just a pod and repower. Add a trailer, rewire (nothing looks updated in a long time), mid range electronics, and the regular 5 grand that just randomly disappeared with a project like this and you'd be lucky to get in under 75k.

I have one and its such a good riding hull, thinking about upgrading It though and might sell it, I can keep you updated if you like

Also curious how bad are these Aluminum boats built in China?

a friend of mine is set up as an importer.. i have seen all the design and follow the builds he has going.. i am impressed actually.. maybe in a couple years i will get one. after i get to know them well enough.

Also curious how bad are these Aluminum boats built in China?

I think the expectation is if you order one off you will have to at least do some work, getting it up to Canadian standards. I have lots of friends with businesses in china and they always recommend inspection just prior to shipping. To me it is worth ordering with someone like @trophywife s friend who knows the builders and has relationships. Hypermechanical in Duncan may be worth chatting with.

Given the build quality of most Vancouver Island builders, risk and shipping cost variability it may be more worthwhile to order local. Things like doing Electrical to AYBC standards could be worth your life.

There was a picture about a month ago that looks like one of the boats you’re talking about, being pulled out of the water (submerged). Not trying to hijack but did anyone else see it?

@Rayvon Get on this!
Or this

Last edited:
Back