Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Kind of inline with what I want.. Not sure how I feel about these potential home builds though.

Selling broker said the beam is 6'5" .. could it really be that narrow?

I was in a custom aluminum this year and it felt quite narrow as well even though its 18'

Do you guys use used Cowichan or Nanaimo so that it searches the whole island? I find used vic sucks since it wont pickup Nanaimo, port or anywhere up island. The hunt for a 17' DE or Hurston or Tyee is becoming real though I think DE or Tyee since I want those back 2 seats. I'm feeling 185/542 is more than I need for a family of 4 (1yr old, 3.5 and wife ;) ) since we mainly just bomb over to Sidney Spit and around Sidney/Gulf islands area.

I think it would be fun to a go a little further but then I would look at anchoring and tenting vs sleeping in the front anyways.

Do you guys use used Cowichan or Nanaimo so that it searches the whole island? I find used vic sucks since it wont pickup Nanaimo, port or anywhere up island. The hunt for a 17' DE or Hurston or Tyee is becoming real though I think DE or Tyee since I want those back 2 seats. I'm feeling 185/542 is more than I need for a family of 4 (1yr old, 3.5 and wife ;) ) since we mainly just bomb over to Sidney Spit and around Sidney/Gulf islands area.

I think it would be fun to a go a little further but then I would look at anchoring and tenting vs sleeping in the front anyways.
Get something with a cuddy if you can find it. My 3 year old loves it. Outta the weather with their snacks & toys, watch some Netflix when trolling. Expect to pay a premium and you gotta be fast unfortunately.

Get something with a cuddy if you can find it. My 3 year old loves it. Outta the weather with their snacks & toys, watch some Netflix when trolling. Expect to pay a premium and you gotta be fast unfortunately.
Yeah I know on the selling fast part, good boats that are clean are selling in hours it seems.

Interesting you say your son likes it in there. I feel like mine would too but he also loves being in the action, helping with the prawn traps, always wants to drive, last year he was all about full throttle though at the end of the season he stopped slamming it to WOT 24/7. He has been in the boat since he was about a month old and always sits on my lap these days but we have not done any serious fishing so that is the one thing I have no idea if he would really want to be down in the cuddy. I might have to see if I can go out with a friend and take him and see what he thinks.

More people I have talked to say their kids never used the cuddy vs they used it. Though I think they could have fun in there

The cuddy boats are at least 10-15k more and require 30-60 more hp (185 / 542 vs 17'2 DE 17 Tyee etc) I'm just not sure its needed for the overall cost to run it and initial upfront cost to buy.

Yeah I know on the selling fast part, good boats that are clean are selling in hours it seems.

Interesting you say your son likes it in there. I feel like mine would too but he also loves being in the action, helping with the prawn traps, always wants to drive, last year he was all about full throttle though at the end of the season he stopped slamming it to WOT 24/7. He has been in the boat since he was about a month old and always sits on my lap these days but we have not done any serious fishing so that is the one thing I have no idea if he would really want to be down in the cuddy. I might have to see if I can go out with a friend and take him and see what he thinks.

More people I have talked to say their kids never used the cuddy vs they used it. Though I think they could have fun in there

The cuddy boats are at least 10-15k more and require 30-60 more hp (185 / 542 vs 17'2 DE 17 Tyee etc) I'm just not sure its needed for the overall cost to run it and initial upfront cost to buy.
How old is he? We spend lots of time fishing and running so our kids need to nap and often only do chill out when they have a quiet place to read. My brothers kids sleep at his feet and we used to in my dads 16 footer. 18 foot is a good length for a cuddy and my other brother had his for 5 years and had it out faithfully 12 months a year the whole time. Tough finding any good un-rotten boat, with a good top and 4 stroke power these days for any price. That forty year old 22 inboard glass craft went pending in minutes. If you are fishing inside/gulf islands I would also consider a Livingston Viking 18 foot and I'm sure there are a few other lesser known brands.

offering to members first:
152k with tri axle trailer, absolutely ready to go (just put 4k into the trailer)

1997 Pursuit Model 2870
bow thruster
4 battery acr system
twin 300 zukis with less than 140 hours, mostly trolling!
230 gal tank- tuna!
full resto done in 2017, fella i bought it from lost his fishing partners so the boat wasnt getting used.
cushions, glass etc etc. shows damn near minty.
full garmin, dual screen, auto pilot, added heading sensor, remote steering, chip that has auto drive (its wild)
radar (has doppler) shows green bogies travelling away, red if they are incoming. amazing!!
outriggers (tuna)
downriggers
hali anchor
has fridge but no stove or microwave (no genset)
stand up bathroom
fresh water system
aft bunk
bluetooth stereo (linked to garmin head)

reason for selling: i only used the boat for 2 tuna trips and am interested in a land purchase.
after putting 4 k into the trailer and 3
500 into outriggers and garmin upgrades,
i am listing to members for 152k obo.. boat is in bam wrapped up on blocks. trailer is in Port.
pics coming...AFA254A4-7FDC-4138-85D8-EDFE4E2FAAA4.jpeg

Attachments

• 2F90A61B-8071-4656-9530-F1691D8092BD.jpeg
    2F90A61B-8071-4656-9530-F1691D8092BD.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 78417E6A-FC58-4031-9316-351B3DE924A1.jpeg
    78417E6A-FC58-4031-9316-351B3DE924A1.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 248
  • F49041F6-3E97-4454-9A8D-AD6F848B552A.jpeg
    F49041F6-3E97-4454-9A8D-AD6F848B552A.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 305A2AE1-CC8D-4DC1-A54B-319B3F5F58CA.jpeg
    305A2AE1-CC8D-4DC1-A54B-319B3F5F58CA.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 231
  • F83CB776-1BE7-409D-8EA0-865F3CE511F0.jpeg
    F83CB776-1BE7-409D-8EA0-865F3CE511F0.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 9550316E-8ADD-49D2-B32A-1B4AAA714E3C.jpeg
    9550316E-8ADD-49D2-B32A-1B4AAA714E3C.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 218
  • A40498ED-9028-43C3-9C13-E18FEA3BE54B.jpeg
    A40498ED-9028-43C3-9C13-E18FEA3BE54B.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 14263BF9-1EF6-43EF-B8F1-FC2CBC5C0618.jpeg
    14263BF9-1EF6-43EF-B8F1-FC2CBC5C0618.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Screenshot_20220201-123323_Samsung Internet.jpg
Has anyone looked at this boat?
price seems on the high end? Broker can't get information regarding the fuel tank being original or not. Would a factory tank worry anyone? Seems they are replaced on alot of various boats we have seen listed.
thanks for any insight regarding any concerns on this boat.

offering to members first:
152k with tri axle trailer, absolutely ready to go (just put 4k into the trailer)

1997 Pursuit Model 2870
bow thruster
4 battery acr system
twin 300 zukis with less than 140 hours, mostly trolling!
230 gal tank- tuna!
full resto done in 2017, fella i bought it from lost his fishing partners so the boat wasnt getting used.
cushions, glass etc etc. shows damn near minty.
full garmin, dual screen, auto pilot, added heading sensor, remote steering, chip that has auto drive (its wild)
radar (has doppler) shows green bogies travelling away, red if they are incoming. amazing!!
outriggers (tuna)
downriggers
hali anchor
has fridge but no stove or microwave (no genset)
stand up bathroom
fresh water system
aft bunk
bluetooth stereo (linked to garmin head)

reason for selling: i only used the boat for 2 tuna trips and am interested in a land purchase.
after putting 4 k into the trailer and 3
500 into outriggers and garmin upgrades,
i am listing to members for 152k obo.. boat is in bam wrapped up on blocks. trailer is in Port.
pics coming...View attachment 74844
If I find a buyer for my Commander I’ll make you an offer. If you don’t mind keeping us updated if it sells. If it does, I will pull my ad and keep my boat.

How old is he? We spend lots of time fishing and running so our kids need to nap and often only do chill out when they have a quiet place to read. My brothers kids sleep at his feet and we used to in my dads 16 footer. 18 foot is a good length for a cuddy and my other brother had his for 5 years and had it out faithfully 12 months a year the whole time. Tough finding any good un-rotten boat, with a good top and 4 stroke power these days for any price. That forty year old 22 inboard glass craft went pending in minutes. If you are fishing inside/gulf islands I would also consider a Livingston Viking 18 foot and I'm sure there are a few other lesser known brands.
Yeah I think you mentioned the Livingston in a post I did last season about which boat to go with.

Kids are 1 and 3.5. We live 5 minutes from the dock so we normally we just go out whenever the weather looks decent and skip bad weather days. Though I do want to do more around this time of year so having a canopy I can close in and put a heater on would be nice.

Kind of inline with what I want.. Not sure how I feel about these potential home builds though.

Selling broker said the beam is 6'5" .. could it really be that narrow?

Looks pretty narrow, especially that shot taken from bow looking back. And steering is centre mounted. Probably would be listing pretty hard going out solo with starboard mounted steering.

Yeah I think you mentioned the Livingston in a post I did last season about which boat to go with.

Kids are 1 and 3.5. We live 5 minutes from the dock so we normally we just go out whenever the weather looks decent and skip bad weather days. Though I do want to do more around this time of year so having a canopy I can close in and put a heater on would be nice.

Yeah a good top with drop curtain are so key for keeping momma and the kids warm. The right boat will come up. I say don't be cheap out when it comes to a well outfitted and kept cream puff (kept in mint condition) and don't overpay for POS.

Yeah a good top with drop curtain are so key for keeping momma and the kids warm. The right boat will come up. I say don't be cheap out when it comes to a well outfitted and kept cream puff (kept in mint condition) and don't overpay for POS.
Yeah the thing is I plan to leave this boat moored all year so I dont know how much of a cream puff I really want in that regards. It's kind of a catch 22. I know sitting out there all year or even 9 months takes its toll on the boat and I hate to be so anal about the boat getting scratched etc while crabbing and prawning and with kids and friends 100% it will happen ;)

I would have to say this seemed like a great deal and great shape https://www.usedcowichan.com/power-boats/39363273

Yeah the thing is I plan to leave this boat moored all year so I dont know how much of a cream puff I really want in that regards. It's kind of a catch 22. I know sitting out there all year or even 9 months takes its toll on the boat and I hate to be so anal about the boat getting scratched etc while crabbing and prawning and with kids and friends 100% it will happen ;)

I would have to say this seemed like a great deal and great shape https://www.usedcowichan.com/power-boats/39363273

Yeah, just remember way easier and cheaper too clean up and repair a small boat than a big one but everything related to boating costs $$$

Not sure how tall you are but I'm not a huge fan of any low top canvas or hard tops, like on that Hourston. I spent 3-4k redoing my old hewescraft canvas and adding another inch or two of hight. One of the reasons the new Campions 542 are so popular is the hight inside, important for resale too.

Not for you, but nice looking big boat with riggers, CAT's, and an electronics package that I can't really figure out.
$105,000 · NORTH VANCOUVER, BC
1984 Ocean 38 SS 38 super aport

Yeah, just remember way easier and cheaper too clean up and repair a small boat than a big one but everything related to boating costs $$$

Not sure how tall you are but I'm not a huge fan of any low top canvas or hard tops, like on that Hourston. I spent 3-4k redoing my old hewescraft canvas and adding another inch or two of hight. One of the reasons the new Campions 542 are so popular is the hight inside, important for resale too.

Not for you, but nice looking big boat with riggers, CAT's, and an electronics package that I can't really figure out.
$105,000 · NORTH VANCOUVER, BC
1984 Ocean 38 SS 38 super aport
6' 2

I have seen a few with nice high canvas, look stupid to me to be honest but usability is obviously way better haha. I just think they look ugly.

Yeah I'm about to post a question in the general forum on canvas costs.

I also need a bimini made for my Malibu this year. Need to get on that asap so I have it done for summer.

Back