Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

My understanding is that you’d need to present the proof of full ownership at the border by way of showing the seller’s title ownership for the whole thing. Unlike hat we have here in Canada, there’s no separate registration for the trailer and the boat. Everything in the package is usually listed in one certificate. If there’s a lien on the package, the seller wouldn’t be able to give you a copy of the ownership certificate. You’d need to get the lien removed first before taking ownership. That’s where Ray seems to have been running into a trust issue.
Gotta admit that I’ve only bought and imported two boats from the States so I’m not the most experienced here….
OK, I'm certainly not pretending to be experienced in this department but I look forward to hearing others experiences as I haven't ruled out a US purchase on our next boat.

My understanding is that you’d need to present the proof of full ownership at the border by way of showing the seller’s title ownership for the whole thing. Unlike hat we have here in Canada, there’s no separate registration for the trailer and the boat. Everything in the package is usually listed in one certificate. If there’s a lien on the package, the seller wouldn’t be able to give you a copy of the ownership certificate. You’d need to get the lien removed first before taking ownership. That’s where Ray seems to have been running into a trust issue.
Gotta admit that I’ve only bought and imported two boats from the States so I’m not the most experienced here….
Separate title for boat and trailer. Then usually separate BOS for boat, motor, and trailer. Most of the bill of sale situation depends on taxes and nafta.

I had bought a boat before in the US and knew how to do all the Title,Bill of Sales and the RIV for the trailer.The Titles for the boat and trailer were held by the bank because of the lien.The bank would not accept a draft or wiring the money with out 2-3 days to clear the funds.I had already filled out separate bill of sales for boat,trailer and motors . The real issue was trusting the seller with my cash to pay out the loan without receiving the titles on the same day so I couldn't bring the boat across the border. Losing the sale was bad enough, but then being ripped off for $2K at my bank when I returned the US money was just too much.

Facebook listing askin 34

What is the issue with these older 542's?

That boat looks clean, not too many hours on the engine. I am interested but curious to know what to look for. From what I remember the newer ones have Kevlar in the hulls vs the old ones dont?

My goal was finding a 18 DE or 17 DE/Hurston/Tyee but I have seen more and more 542's as well.

That boat looks clean, not too many hours on the engine. I am interested but curious to know what to look for. From what I remember the newer ones have Kevlar in the hulls vs the old ones dont?

My goal was finding a 18 DE or 17 DE/Hurston/Tyee but I have seen more and more 542's as well.
Some sellers are calling their older model Campion 188's the 542 model because their so popular. They have lower gunnel height and I don't think their self bailing.Other differences too,most people look for the 2006 model or newer.

2005 was the year that they switched to the newer hauls with composite.
@smokedvw that boat looks pretty clean. At the end of the day, it comes down to how much you’re willing to spend on a used boat and that it passes the survey/inspection. Good luck!

Hull and trailer project 2000 LIFETIMER 18ft center consule
$19,500 Victoria. PS ultimate salesman won't respond to messages. Good luck I had a dozen messages/offers from flakes just for my gps, can't imagine how many pipe dreamers it will take to find a taker on this.

Be careful with this boat. I heard it sat as a bathtub for years. If so the insides will need completely stripped and replaced. Likely why the guy is selling.

I’ve got the same boat. So far, no issues. This one has nice power. I dont think you can go wrong.

Used Cowichan.
$10,000 · CAMPION EXPLORER

- 18'6" CAMPION EXPLORER W. ALUMINUM POD AND RADAR ARCH. - CLEAN UPHOLSTRY, CUDDY IS CLEAN,DRY AND NO SMELLS OR MILDEW - LOTS OF NEW PARTS AND EXTRAS - NEW STEREO, VHF, WASHDOWN PUMP,WIRING,SPEAKERS - LOWRANCE FISHFINDER - LOWRANCE CHARTPLOTTER YAMAHA 150HP MAIN, NISSAN 15HP KICKER - TRAILER NOT INCLUDED

The used boat market and real estate are showing a lot of common themes these days. Everybody wants to buy your old overpriced junk but the moment you get their money it's pretty much worthless. Real estate has been seen as an appreciating asset but the fact that our used boats are gaining value over time is just insane...

The used boat market and real estate are showing a lot of common themes these days. Everybody wants to buy your old overpriced junk but the moment you get their money it's pretty much worthless. Real estate has been seen as an appreciating asset but the fact that our used boats are gaining value over time is just insane...
Yeah I find it crazy just to see in 2 years the difference.

Back