Biggest Salmon you ever caught???

T22P001w(2).jpg

32 pounds, outside of Quatsino Sound in 2009. The year before I caught my first 30 pounder off of Malcolm island. Both on green teaser heads.

Biggest fish for me was a 62.55 lb white spring. I took it into Island Outfitter to verify the weight and with it being the largest of the year, IO provided me a MR2 and a $650 rod. What a score.

It was a foggy day in late Aug and my charter cancelled the day before, so for a change I went fishing for myself. Luckily it was the right spot at the right time.

I caught it at Otter Point and the same day 3 other guys I know got fish over 50 lb at the same location.

The fish was 48" long with a girth of 35". I plastic rapped it and froze it hole on a plank read for mounting. It was perfect and not even a scale was missing.

The sad part of catching this record fish is. I gave the fish to Mike Moss to mount for me and it disappeared to be never seen again. Luckily I got my deposit back after a lot of letter wirting to MC.

Don't deal with Mike, since my problem I've received 4 other calls from guys experiencing the same problem. But they haven't got a fish or a deposit (all $700+) back.

Next time (if there will be one) I'll run a legal check on the guy I give my trophy too. I learned allot about Mike once I ran a check on him.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

The same thing happened to my buddy Doug Atkinson's 68#. What a dickhead. Id like nothing more than to kick him in the nuts.

Ive heard on many differnet fishing and hunting foorims that This fella has screwed people out of mounts. I guess twice in the last 10 years, hes just picked up and left with all kinds of people money, and they're stuff.

However, all the info i have is second hand

Personal 55 lbs Klashwaun Pt late May, guided 59 lbs Klashwaun Pt again, early July....... damn I miss Klashwaun Pt.

56 lbs on the Kiteen River - it was a bit of a tiger. That was over 22 years ago and I have yet to break the 50 pound mark again. Lots of beauties since then though!

Largest on the Hit em Hard boat 44 lbs. at Lone Tree caught by my dad on his last fishing trip before he past away - way to go dad miss ya. My largest 42 & 42 caught on Hit em Hard boat at the Scout Shack and High Roller boat at Nootka (shameless plug for Todd).
As always
Wishin I Was Fishin
H.E.H

biggest is 45.2 lbs caught in barkley sound when i was 13 years old, 1999 (first day in a boat guiding myself) biggest one caught by a junior member for a long time(when i was in the junior tyee club in alberni) now a senior member

46 lbs on the wall in Bamfield...mid July of 2004 on a 4 inch watermelon coyote behind a flasher. Three adults and my Great Dane in a 17' cc - it was a gong show.

Mine would have to be my 36.4 pounder caught somwhere between church rock and secretary in the tidelines at 195 ft on the rigger in 500 ft of water on extra large herring. Sounded straight to the bottom and stayed there for a good 20 mins.

My grandpa had a day off aldridge in the early 90's when he caught a 48.9 and a 46.5 in 2 hours by himself. I remember him taking a picture of me and the fish and they were both bigger then me at age 6. Very impressive day of fishing.

-Steve!!

We'll break that this year Steve ;)

My biggest was 2009, a 34 lb caught on a #4 black egg sucking leach off the beach at the Little Q. It was on my 10 wt fly rod. That fish ripped some hide off my knuckles!!

What a first post Bruce Lee, amazing fish on light tackle, must have been a battle for the ages. Serengety, WHAT A HOG! I need to get on the water, but Im in Whistler and the boat on the Island is in need of serious work, heres hoping April. This year I need to stop driving the boat so much and actually catch some bigger fish than my two younger bros. CAN'T WAIT!

Back