Biggest Salmon you ever caught???

After 10 years of guiding my brother and I went on a personal fishing trip and I managed to land a 73#, cut plug 33 feet on the rigger in the kelp....The fish was measured and released 49X34.5".

Wow that's a beauty mikep, real fatty!!

42lbs. at the Trap Shack,Aug.26,2002.There were several 40+ pounders weighed in from there at Cheanna Marina
that day,the biggest being 46.

After 10 years of guiding my brother and I went on a personal fishing trip and I managed to land a 73#, cut plug 33 feet on the rigger in the kelp....The fish was measured and released 49X34.5".

Man.....

I cant even imagine what the rod would look like with a hog like that hitting a cutplug at 33 feet!!! THat must have been insanse

Should have weighed that in.... Could have had yourself the record for the biggest pink caught ;)

What a hog Mikep, awesome fish...love that your hand doesn't even come close on the tail....

Getbent

36 lb at Kirby two years ago in the evening on a large herring jammed into a krippled anchovie head at 50 feet

All aound it was a pretty amazing experience. Caught it right in the middle of 15 west coast resorts boats.....almost got riggered on the first run. We were able to get it out of the pack and fight it for an hour and a half. I had the wood to it with a sage 3106 and an islander and all it did was pull. For scale im 6'3" and 230# and there was no way I could fit my hand more than half way around its wrist. I had guided a number of 40's and 50's in my career and this thing made them look soo small...

Brian Mobray with a 66lbr caught at Dundas with myself many years ago. The next day I reeled in a 63lbr. Great place to fish other than the bugs.

Attachments

• Big springs.jpg
    Big springs.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 209
This is my biggest......a 47 pound spring caught off Kyuquot in '09. ;)

What you need to know before I get flamed for the photo is that I am actually 9'7" and that's why you're questioning it not being closer to 30 pounds lighter than what I am claiming is the 'truth'. ;) Add to that I am NOT holding it out from my body to make it look bigger, that's just horse crap when people do that!! :D

IMG_2281.jpg

37 caught at the SW Corner two seasons ago - last years biggest fish for me was 29, this year it was 22.8. At that rate of decline it will only be a couple of years until I will be struggling to get anything over 45 cm :(

Btw Pippen, nice 25 lb fish you are holding there! :D

Wow! I can't believe some of the sizes of the hogs some forum members have caught, truly are what I would call a " fish of a lifetime"! Absolute monsters. My own pb: guessing around 28# give or take, got it first thing in the morning and planning in a whole day on the water we gutted it right away and tossed it on ice, just over 26 no guts and no gills. But what a fighter!

Back