Biggest Salmon you ever caught???

And then there are the few Sooke River hogs in the 50# and 60# class in September and they also look like Doug's but not white.

quote:Originally posted by profisher

The late running whites are Harrison River bound. The largest fish from Sooke are either early June stubbies or September big headed, small eyed Harrison Whites. Both fish are quite distinct looking and in no way from French Creek. :D.

Hey profisher just curious about what you mean by FC?

1999 I caught a 61 lb. spring head of Rivers Inlet. Only took 20 minutes to the boat...good net man (my pal) netted quick before it could run again. I was feeling pretty smug about the whole thing until about an hour later when a guy brought it a 74 lb.
2000 caught a 55 lb. out front of Fish Egg Inlet (one inlet north of Rivers) That one took 1 1\2 hrs. to get into the boat. It got into the kelp.
Lots of 25's to 38's in Hakai Pass, Spider Island, Cultass Sound area.

DSCN0159.jpg

We caught this 50+ pounder at Logan Creek this past summer on one of the sunniest, calmest days I've ever fished. The Fishing Gods were being very kind that day. ;)

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

55 lbs caught in June , 2006 fishing out of Englefield Resort at WCR in area called 'Boomchain'
Fishing buddy got a 63 2 hours before.
tried to post picture, but couldn't.

38 lbs back in 2006 off the highway straight out of Esperanza. Caught off a brined red label herring in a lime green anchovy helmet.

Took the two boys up to the Skeena ( Terrace area) in August of 2004. The older son, 16 at the time hooked into a 47 lber. which bent the younger sons nose right out of joint. Twenty minutes after the 47 hitting the beach the younger son 13 at the time hooked into and landed a 52 lber. ( 45 minutes / crapped muscles & exhausted) as pay back. Dad's day was zilch.

2550 Pursuit CC

I caught a 38#,35#,31# spring and a 15# coho on a 4 hr charter out of Ucluelet in 1991.At Wyatt Pt I think it was.It was a nasty,rough ,rainy day,GF was sick,I was in heaven

My biggest is 32 lbs caught off the Little Qualicum 4 years ago. Here is a shot of my son Jake with the fish (stepping on the tail to boot):D. He netted it for me. I wish I handed off the rod to him.

100_0395.jpg

Another one last year off Ukee really close to that one.

2009fishing006-2.jpg

My son isn't a member on here so I will post his biggest to date

25 lber caught fishing with our new friend Shawn from Tofino Osprey Lodge out of Tofino. Was a great trip and Shawn was super impressed how Jake worked the gear etc. Hope he get's a Tyee this year.

2009fishing016.jpg

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

quote:Originally posted by pescador

I'd be interesting to know what the largest salmon is forum members have caught over the years. My biggest is 43 lbs., Beechy Head, June 10th 1981, on Anchovy at 40 feet at 0700 in the morning. And you???

Matador
Billyt here 71.4 lbs. August 9, 1983. 6 year old female, have pics.

quote:Originally posted by Klob

Nice fish smiley, where is that?
If you were asking about the pic of the 63 and 55..
It was at Englefield Lodge- June 2006 in area called Boomchain.
Another buddy got a 50 same place, day before.

32 lb'er at Cliff Point near Winter Harbour in 1997. Best day of my life!!!

Tour de Rock Committee
Sayward, B.C. (Kelsey Bay)

I guided Bob Tennant at Scotts Place Rivers inlet August 9 1983. At Low slack he nailed a 71.4 oz. spring will place pics when i can. On front page of vancouver sun august 13 1983 check the sun archives. I am Bill Tennant. Its on my wall now.

Back