Best Place to store a boat on the Island?

Wildhootchy

Every season I make 3 to 4 trips from the Mainland to fish WCVI. Each time I ferry my boat back and forth. The cost of doing this is becoming prohibitive, let alone a big hassle! I'm looking for suggestions on where I can store my boat safely and securely between trips. I would prefer to store it near P.A. as I mostly fish Barkley. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I would look in the Nanaimo,Parksville,Qualicum area that way you are not tied to just going to Barkley Sound if you ever changed your mind. Catch the ferry to Nanaimo and then just a short drive to your storage area and then off go to where ever your going. JMO

PA has a few boat yards. I don't know which is better or which is the most secure. PA makes sense as you can fish the canal, Barclay Sound, or trailer up further to Ukee or Tofino. Hopefully someone who stores there boat there will post up.

drop boat in port,, get buds to drag trailer to bamfield, leave in breakers yard!! 15 mins from offshore!!!

drop boat in port,, get buds to drag trailer to bamfield, leave in breakers yard!! 15 mins from offshore!!!

Leave boat in PA. Forget about buds hellish trip to Bamfield with the trailer. Drive the boat to Bamfield and be thanked by buds:). Just sayin........

Leave boat in PA. Decide to go to Ucluelet or Tofino on a paved road for some incredible fishing and good times. Always an option:cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
How bigs your boat? I store mine at whiskey creek. E&D Manufacturing. Only like $90/mth indoors. Close to PA.

How bigs your boat? I store mine at whiskey creek. E&D Manufacturing. Only like $90/mth indoors. Close to PA.
I'd like to know more about this spot. I like the idea of being indoors. My boat is 23.5 ft. and about 11.5 ft. high. Where is Whiskey Creek in relation to P.A.? Pleas tell me more!

Whiskey Creek is just before Cameron lake and about ten minutes before Catherdral Grove. It is on the left hand side right beside the gas station.

Whiskey Creek is just before Cameron lake and about ten minutes before Catherdral Grove. It is on the left hand side right beside the gas station.
I went on their website but I didn't see them advertising boat storage. Is this just by "word of mouth"? How much room do they have to accomodate boats? It is a great location to store a boat. Is there a contact person who handles the storage? I know, lots of questions...

sculpin has a nice new place and I think he is in nanaimo

No vancancy dude!!! Ha ha:D.

IMG_1924.jpg

Have you considered an "add on"?

Not at all and spring time was just pulling chains so to speak. I build it for my baby and I already have been suckered into putting that piece of tupperware next to her. Might have to get some shots or something for her with all the fiberglass germs being collected in there ha ha:D. I'm totally joking around........it's an aluminum thing:cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went on their website but I didn't see them advertising boat storage. Is this just by "word of mouth"? How much room do they have to accomodate boats? It is a great location to store a boat. Is there a contact person who handles the storage? I know, lots of questions...

Larry 250-752-2688.

Storage

Larry 250-752-2688.

Thanks for the name and number! I will definitely give them a call.

Sculpin - I understand, I used to own an aluminum until the price of recycled metals went up. Got a nice chunk of change for her!LOL:D

Back