Blew the head gasket in my (1994) Mercruiser 5.0, where's the best place to get a rebuilt engine from?

Marko_f1

Hi, I blew the head gasket on my 1994 Mercruiser 5.0 and I am looking to possibly get it rebuilt, or preferably just buy a new rebuilt engine...without breaking the bank. Do any of you have any recommendations? I found a guy that rebuilds them in Ontario and wants $3,500 + $400 for shipping for a bare engine (No alternator, starter, carb, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds or belts) and all of those parts on my engine, except for the carb, are in rough shape so I don't want to re-use them.

Any advice/recommendations are greatly appreciated :)

Hi, I blew the head gasket on my 1994 Mercruiser 5.0 and I am looking to possibly get it rebuilt, or preferably just buy a new rebuilt engine...without breaking the bank. Do any of you have any recommendations? I found a guy that rebuilds them in Ontario and wants $3,500 + $400 for shipping for a bare engine (No alternator, starter, carb, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds or belts) and all of those parts on my engine, except for the carb, are in rough shape so I don't want to re-use them.

Any advice/recommendations are greatly appreciated :)
You'd be smart to replace all those parts as you suggest, otherwise it'll just nickel and dime ya to death. My best experience was a complete Seacore 350MAG as a replacement small block. Fuel injection is your friend. Boat show pricing?

where are you located? magnem engines in burnaby is my go to rebuilders. much better quality than the other guys

Bond mechanical in Burnaby did my 5.7 ,$4100. But all the other stuff I replaced myself,starter alternator,manifolds, risers,etc,etc. It's always cost plus unless you buy a complete engine from mercury marine or some other complete engine builder

KEM Kodiak do full engine's maybe worth a drive but there pricing is going to be in US dollars.......

Back