Best place for a combo of good work and price to get a new canvas built and bimini top built on the island?

smokedvw

Hi,

I have a 2001 Malibu Sunsetter that I need to get a bimini top built for, it doesnt have to be anything too special. Just looking to have it setup to get some shade out on the lake. Does anyone know someone local that can do it around Sidney/Victoria? I got quoted around $1200 last year. I was thinking one like this http://bigairwaketowers.com/bimini/supershadowbimini/.

I am also curious what is the cost on getting a full head height canvas built for a 18 or 17' Double Eagle? I am currently looking at those boats and I would like to know an idea on the cost to actually get a full head height canvas if I need to.

Thank you

Go on iboats and you can find a Bimini for your sunsetter for probably like $500. You input your dimensions, fabric, etc and it finds one that fits.
For a custom enclosure for a double eagle, probably $2500

Go on iboats and you can find a Bimini for your sunsetter for probably like $500. You input your dimensions, fabric, etc and it finds one that fits.
For a custom enclosure for a double eagle, probably $2500
What he said ^^^

@Corey_lax or @Stizzla Have any of you used a bimini off iBoats? They are all generic and dont say much about actually working with a wake tower which is my biggest concern. I found the same ones on amazon.ca so I did think of buying it, trying it and returning if it doesnt work out. None of these are over the tower bimini's though so you have to crouch around your boat like the hunchback of notre dam ;)

@Corey_lax or @Stizzla Have any of you used a bimini off iBoats? They are all generic and dont say much about actually working with a wake tower which is my biggest concern. I found the same ones on amazon.ca so I did think of buying it, trying it and returning if it doesnt work out. None of these are over the tower bimini's though so you have to crouch around your boat like the hunchback of notre dam ;)
I bought one from iboats. The part number was from a mid 90's mastercraft ski boat but the dimensions worked for what I wanted. It was $386 USD. I'm gonna make a windshield and side panels for it this year hopefully. I'll be into it for much less than a custom made top.

Attachments

• IMG_6923.jpg
    IMG_6923.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 39
I bought one from iboats. The part number was from a mid 90's mastercraft ski boat but the dimensions worked for what I wanted. It was $386 USD. I'm gonna make a windshield and side panels for it this year hopefully. I'll be into it for much less than a custom made top.
Looks good! Yeah my neighbor put an online one on his ski boat as well but I find it super low, looks the same as the one you have there. I take it you cant stand up under that? I will do some searching online tonight. I still think I want one above the tower vs below.

Looks good! Yeah my neighbor put an online one on his ski boat as well but I find it super low, looks the same as the one you have there. I take it you cant stand up under that? I will do some searching online tonight. I still think I want one above the tower vs below.
No I can't stand up under it. It would have to be another 8" taller or so, but I figured it would look like the pope mobile if I made it tall enough to stand up under it. Plenty of head room while sitting though. Below is the old canvas that came with my boat and it's about 10" lower than the bimini so I have a lot more head room now.

Attachments

• IMG_9052.jpg
    IMG_9052.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 38
I had some work done by Styles Upholstery on Princess Ave. more than ten years ago now that worked out very well. They are still there, so might give them a call.

Hi,

I have a 2001 Malibu Sunsetter that I need to get a bimini top built for, it doesnt have to be anything too special. Just looking to have it setup to get some shade out on the lake. Does anyone know someone local that can do it around Sidney/Victoria? I got quoted around $1200 last year. I was thinking one like this http://bigairwaketowers.com/bimini/supershadowbimini/.

I am also curious what is the cost on getting a full head height canvas built for a 18 or 17' Double Eagle? I am currently looking at those boats and I would like to know an idea on the cost to actually get a full head height canvas if I need to.

Thank you

Styles in Victoria

Back