Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat ( was with Bill today again )

got your email , thx for the report,
we will be Offshore Thurs, Fri ,and Saturday , head into Nahmint 4:30 am Sunday for the mornin for a quick fish , as we will be leaving Sunday afternoon , I'll fire ya a text en-route ,

778-318-9971 or 604-802-9971

FD...;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Lets hope it calms down by then...rockin and rolling out there today. pass the puke bucket! On days like today sockeye are simply marvelous

Searun

th_067.jpg

headin out this weekend, hoping for some calmer days though its not likely to happen with this warm weather.

question: are all of the springs offshore right now? whats the closest in to bamfield where they have been having any "decent" success?? has pill seen any fish or is everyone miles offshore?

There are still some good ones inside, but you have to fish hard to find them and then stay on them. Decent size fish too. Bait has been better than anything at the moment.

Searun

th_067.jpg

I have a chance to fish out of Poets Nook this weekend but I have to stay in touch with work. How is the Cell phone reception out that way?
Wish I could leave the phone at home!

Thanks for any info you can pass along.

Hi Guys. Some boats were on the banks today.
Fishing has been good on the inside, but as usual you have to be in the right spot with the right gear. 8 - 10 springs a day with our groups largest today at 29 and yesteday a 36. Stuffed full of Pilchards. Hoping to be offshore in the morning for a Hali fix.
Don't wait for a good report, just get out and fish. They are here.

www.rockypointcharters.ca

quote:Originally posted by The Fog Ducker

Here is a Whale

My Neighbors at the Nook

Dorothy and Key

a 55lb HAWG , caught this past week , at a undisclosed area in Barkley Sound , lol ,,,

Congrats , A Lifetime Fish

FD

Spring55lb2010.jpg

Salmon55lbs014.jpg

Salmon55lbs011.jpg

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

These are my neighbours! Good for them! Congratulations!

quote:Originally posted by Bod

Hi Guys. Some boats were on the banks today.
Fishing has been good on the inside, but as usual you have to be in the right spot with the right gear. 8 - 10 springs a day with our groups largest today at 29 and yesteday a 36. Stuffed full of Pilchards. Hoping to be offshore in the morning for a Hali fix.
Don't wait for a good report, just get out and fish. They are here.

www.rockypointcharters.ca

wow 8 to 10 a day not bad! are they deeper? was out a while ago and the were like 150ft. or has that changed.............

Hey guys I'm heading over to Seabeam on Wed. for our annual hockey team derby. I have a 16.5 ft double eagle with a 60hp on back.Where would be a good place to start fishing? I have run out to 7 mile when the weather is goodbut have not had much luck out there. Any advice would be great. I like to fish spoons!? SUPER EXCITED!!!!!:D

not sure of any real hot fishing on the inside of Beale,but check later next week because things do change within 7 days

hey guys im makin a short trip up to fish this saturday/sunday for sockeye but if we get easy limits saturday then sunday we will keep 2 less and try for 2 springs. any word on any fish coming out of pill/diploc/ or kirby recently? dont know how much further we would be able to run out so we will likely be fishing those main spots. ??

Allright guys 3 days till Bamfield. All I need to hear is that there are fish to be caught. Any last minute updates would be awesome!
Thanks

Does anyone have or are willing to give the co-ordinates to 3-Mile Bank off Bamfield?[?]

there are fish to be caught!!! 35 # today at kirby. talked to another boat (white/yellow with 5 ppl on board?? dont knwo if it was anyone on here) they said they had 5 springs at kirby and we saw them hook 2 other big fish. looked like they played them for a while!!!

it was good for me at kirby yesterday but didn't see anyone else catch too many. somewheres between 9 and 12 in the morning. those bigger fish must have been caught when i was up at edward king.

Just back from Bamfield.
Nothing on the inside.
Caught 7 springs from 15 to 30lbs.
All fish cought on a Purple Haze Hoochie, and flasher at 115ft off Kirby.
Good luck!

Hi guys, I havn't really fished the banks but I hear alot about 7 mile bank and South Bank. I am staying in Bamfield July 21-27th I have my own boat and would love to try fishing out there. Would anyone mind sharing the co-ordinates to get out there? I'm not looking for your favorite spots or anything just a general idea how to get out there and I'msure I can figure the rest out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back