Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished Effingham Sunday morning good quick bite at tide change.Boated a high teener and then quickly lost two bigger fish at the boat!! being lazy fishing old leaders.Headed off to Seven mile and easily limited out 3 more chinooks to 21 lbs and 4 hatch Coho.Hooked around 20 fish in 4 hours.Thanks for the tip Ken @ Rocky Point Charters.
Go get em Kronic

Fellas

Heading over for the week , we'll be on cell
maybe we'll cath up with a few of ya

later

FD...;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Hi Folks;
First off, thanks for all the great information on Bamfield fishing. I will be coming up for four days for the first time at the end of July. We will be running the canal, so will be limited to what we can carry. Will there be fuel and (salt) ice available in Bamfield? Thanks again--really looking forward to the trip.

Hello westcap: Mills landing makes their own ice for sale. They are on the west side above the gov dock. McKay bay has fuel in town.also on the west side but farther down. Fuel can be had at Poets nook and green cove as well. good luck and look forward to a good report wen you are done.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Hey All,
I am making a last minute decision to come up to Bamfield this weekend. Any ideas on where to get moorage for a 30'Pursuit?
I realize I might be staying on the Gov. docks which is fine but I am bringing my girlfriend so it would be nice to have some showers ect.. available. We will be sleeping on the boat.
Thanks in advance and see you on the water.
The boat is called the Reckless Pursuit.

You can always hang out a Ucluelet on the North side of Barkley Sound. Big government wharf or you can stay at Island West. Have water and power to the docks, nice showers and pub. Big cleaning table and if you wish, you can rent a freezer space there also. Been going there since 85. I take it with a 30ft'er you run the straits like we do. We travel from Everett WA in one day easy. Ucluelet also has a large fuel dock and easy docking. You can also buy commercial ice at the fish packers. Tough to beat this place if you have a boat of size.

Forgot Reckless, we're running up this weekend on Sunday morning from P.T. Should run early because the afternoon winds are going to wicked. Probable fuel up again at Neah Bay before crossing to the Canadian side. Not sure where you're from but, the Canadian side should be an easier run because of the shape of the straits. A little softer ride.

Just got info from Island West.
They have 1 30 slip left, I hope I am as lucky fishing this weekend.
I had been planning just to stay in Victoria for the whole weekend but I started to get that offshore itch so we are making the run. Leaving Shilshole this afternoon spending the night in Victoria ( Happy Canada Day !!!) WooHoo , will make the run to Barkley after we secure our licenses. I usually stay in Bamfiled but I do like Ukee, more to do in the evenings.
thanks for your input guys.
Good luck this wekend.
John

Meares Bluff on the 3rd was good fishing, 6 springs 1 coho for the morning 35-65ft Anchovie/Purplehaze Hootchie it seemed if you found the bait the fish were in it, about another dozen boats in the area. Some of the guys had much better fishing than myself I think. Most were just getting out of the wind, a few whales made for a good day.

July 1

1st , Sockeye GONG SHOW , there staying as far as the Nook ( fisherman ) , still on the small side ,good numbers though , we stayed away..way too busy,,

On to the Sound , Fishing on the inside was slow , bait all over the place , Kirby was dead , Diplock gave up a few , Wall slow , Pill Dead , Cree n Meares better , ( based on dock pop convos )

Offshore , Much better , Southbank gave up 12 fish in total , 8 in the boat on Friday

Mid Banks off Beale gave up 8 fish bonked between 10 - 25 lbs on Saturday , Had a day of heavy pin-popping with the Mill's Boy's out there , good times , thx Jeff ,

Hali Next time for sure

Sunday she wassa blowin , passed on gettin the lines wet , some fished inside , with not much at the tables ,

all and all a gtreat outting with the wife and some new great friends , nice seein a few members out there

ps , it`s BUSY , alot of boats , Pilchards now a plenty , most our fish were reds ,60% marked , still stuffed with Needles

some pics to enjoy...

how not to anchor in the nook bay ,,,owchh..

shots of my crew , John , Steve , Wayne , and the yungin Austin , Nice fish kid , ya did well ,;)

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

FD- ;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Great pics felix. Ouch on that beauty grady. How did he manage that? did his anchor drag or did he really anchor in 5ft of water?

thx Kelly

in all fairness to the poor guy , i can`t say for sure what happened , thinkin he may have not taken into consideration of the tide swing , might have swung him into the shallows and beached him for a thorough hull inspection , [:eek:)] , dont think there was too much damage , was on a thick patch of grass , waited for the incoming , off she went , more damage to the ego thinkin , could have been worse , we all make mistakes...

FD

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Great report and pics FD!! That Grady had a bad day but will look back on it and laugh:D. Sounds like a great weekend. Good on ya for getting the young fella out there. Thanks for sharing.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Thx FD for a great weekend! For a Noob open water fisherman you got me hooked! only 2 problems I have now is 1 can I sell my flyfishing gear and get enough $$$$ to buy a boat and 2 how to get Austin to stop bragging about his fish.

Making our annual trip to Bamfield in mid August. Always appreciate the postings.

Had a quick question ( that may have been discussed and i missed it ).

I was wondering if there is any benefit to bring the crab and prawn traps at that time of the summer ( in addition to fishing ) ?

Thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back