Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have seen questions on the where abouts of different banks , waypoints etc..

numbers have DRAMATICALLY increased all over the various banks off the west coast , the best thing to do is just to follow the fleet in the morning , you will see all the boats , spread out ,over all the popular fishing mile markers , get out there , and mark them on the gps , it's how most newbies do it , 7 mile has been really busy , you can't miss it

fd..[8D]

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Ducker... you going to be at the Nook Aug 16-20th any time?

I will be out there with the crew... let me know - meet up for a few!?

Thanks Slabby and Fog Ducker, I will post a report when I get back... Yahoooo 1 more sleep!!!!!!!

Banger
Not sure , we wing it ,
, go when ever work allows me , hangin the fishin pole up for a couple weeks , going to go play with the big toys with the big boys in the interior for a couple weeks , hopethe weather stays " HOT "
talk later , will post a report and some shots later

FD

quote:Originally posted by banger17

Ducker... you going to be at the Nook Aug 16-20th any time?

I will be out there with the crew... let me know - meet up for a few!?

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

How long does it take to run from China creek to Bamfield
if you average 25 mph. ?
never been , but would like to try it sometime. :)

quote:Originally posted by danthewire

I'll take you Scott...no Luckies though just real stuff. We're a little quicker than that. LOL
Dan

Does that mean Johnny Walker Dan ???
don't know if i'm up for that challenge [:p]

Oh No, we'll be half way to Japan if we start on that stuff Scott.
I get up that way fairly often if you ever want to tag along let me know.Heading up this weekend actually.
Dan

Just got back from Bamfield area, Cree was great on Tuesday started at about 13:30 and had 5 in the boat over 20lb by 17:30 down at about 70ft. Started there again Wednesday at daylight only picked up one about 26lb, went offshore for the afternoon to 7 mile it was none stop Coho and a few springs mixed in biggest 26lb (the only one we kept), released 9 under 20lb as we were getting close to our limit most at about 50ft. Thursday morning fished daylight till 08:30 at Edward King 5 in the boat biggest 24lb depth 40-50ft. Most of the springs were on Anchovie, with a Watermelon Coyote hooking maybe 5 springs. Hope this helps someone.

Just got back from Bamfield area, Cree was great on Tuesday started at about 13:30 and had 5 in the boat over 20lb by 17:30 down at about 70ft. Started there again Wednesday at daylight only picked up one about 26lb, went offshore for the afternoon to 7 mile it was none stop Coho and a few springs mixed in biggest 26lb (the only one we kept), released 9 under 20lb as we were getting close to our limit most at about 50ft. Thursday morning fished daylight till 08:30 at Edward King 5 in the boat biggest 24lb depth 40-50ft. Most of the springs were on Anchovie, with a Watermelon Coyote hooking maybe 5 springs. Hope this helps someone.

Fellas

LATE Report

but , as promised ,
July16 - 18 th

Meares AM = Slow , Pulled the gear , off to South Bank , Went-Off , fish from 15- 25lbs , got snotty , pulled gear , back at camp by 9:30.
Evening fish at diplock , good bait , 2 BIG hits , 1 landed , beaut 25lb Marked

off to South Bank , stopped at Sail for a pass , nothing for us , but , lit up as soon as we left ,,,[V] BIG fish , 3 boats , over 30 fish , most over20 lbs

South Bank was HOT again for us , nice big fat healthy fish , not huge , again up to 24 lbs , back at camp by 10 am

Evening at Kirby gave up a fish that was Vilently hit by a Fat seal , we did get our gear back..:D , ******* filled his belly though..

Last day , Sockeye , as posted on the other thread , FAST n HOT fishing , limits easily made by most , selective larger fish as well.. I'm sure we hit over 30 fish in 2 hours ,

Get out there , Have fun

Inside still seemed a bit tough , Nook fishers did not bring anything back in numbers ,

Recent reports on this thread indicate . that may have changed
can change quickly..

Some pics for the boys

FD...;)

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Fellas

LATE Report

but , as promised ,
July16 - 18 th

Meares AM = Slow , Pulled the gear , off to South Bank , Went-Off , fish from 15- 25lbs , got snotty , pulled gear , back at camp by 9:30.
Evening fish at diplock , good bait , 2 BIG hits , 1 landed , beaut 25lb Marked

off to South Bank , stopped at Sail for a pass , nothing for us , but , lit up as soon as we left ,,,[V] BIG fish , 3 boats , over 30 fish , most over20 lbs

South Bank was HOT again for us , nice big fat healthy fish , not huge , again up to 24 lbs , back at camp by 10 am

Evening at Kirby gave up a fish that was Vilently hit by a Fat seal , we did get our gear back..:D , ******* filled his belly though..

Last day , Sockeye , as posted on the other thread , FAST n HOT fishing , limits easily made by most , selective larger fish as well.. I'm sure we hit over 30 fish in 2 hours ,

Get out there , Have fun

Inside still seemed a bit tough , Nook fishers did not bring anything back in numbers ,

Recent reports on this thread indicate . that may have changed
can change quickly..

Some pics for the boys

FD...;)

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back