Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a post on another forum that this guy saw huge schools of Mackeral offshore recently. I hadn't seen any mention of Mackeral problems on this site. Are you seeing schools of Mackeral out there??

Ken

We seen HUGE schools of Pilchards ,

Rattled our rods continulously , was funny watching the guy's jump to the rods , they learned , bounce bounce , then , look at the Sonar to see a blackout of bait , 5 - 10 secs later , WHAM !! lol,,,

we even hooked them on our spoons on occasion , saved for hali , of course..

No Mackeral on my boat

FD..

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

quote:Originally posted by The Fog Ducker

Ken

We seen HUGE schools of Pilchards ,

Rattled our rods continulously , was funny watching the guy's jump to the rods , they learned , bounce bounce , then , look at the Sonar to see a blackout of bait , 5 - 10 secs later , WHAM !! lol,,,

we even hooked them on our spoons on occasion , saved for hali , of course..

No Mackeral on my boat

FD..

thefogducker@hotmail.com

Thanks FD!! That's what I thought and replied on that forum.

quote:Originally posted by Slabby20

I saw a post on another forum that this guy saw huge schools of Mackeral offshore recently. I hadn't seen any mention of Mackeral problems on this site. Are you seeing schools of Mackeral out there??

i caught a mackeral on saturday when i was fishing nahmint bay so... they are around

Yep, lots of pilchards out there and in the stomach of all the fish we caught....time to switch to large spoons and plugs...they worked good for us. :D

Searun

th_067.jpg

Hey Pat

Met Bill Ahern yesterday , at "White Water in Richmond , I am Quoting an Electrical Job for him at the plant , BIG Guy , HFS ,

Spoons were key ..;)...small world

quote:Originally posted by searun

Yep, lots of pilchards out there and in the stomach of all the fish we caught....time to switch to large spoons and plugs...they worked good for us. :D

Searun

th_067.jpg

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

She's phucking on boys!

Had the day off, went out with my buddy (Captain Kidd) at 1 from the harbour. Limited on halis from 15-35 for 7 people by 3:03

Springs thick if you are in the right spot, spots changing day to day for numbers, but fish in all the right spots.

Had a hell of a whale experience yesterday, but I'll start a different thread about that...

Gimee the gaff!!!

WOW[:0]. That's a nice fish. Congrats to your neighbours for sure. Thanks for posting the pics FD[:p]

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

How are the winds over there boys?
Sounds like it has been a rough one lately.
Hope they lay down for everyone!
Will be running up the canal on Saturday for a week at Seabeam, hope to see some of the guy's from the forum.

Cheers,

Getbent
www.nicomeklhatchery.com/

quote:Originally posted by cammer

pat, is felix talking about a Bro?? thought it was just you and reg?

Cousin...been inside lately fishing sockeye in Alberni...killer. Limits every day depending on how many we have on the boat...18 yesterday and a gazillion lost, and 24 day before. Saw Osama out there poundin on a few too. Good fun all around, but not nearly as much fun as fishing off shore for the hogzillas.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back