Bamfield camping

Loghauler

Thinking of camping on the side I plan on fishing on so my question is what places are fishing oriented I’ll google the names and check them out thinking of splitting my time between bamfield and ukee already good on the ukee side

I’ve camped at Pachena Bay campsite. its clean and the beach is absolutely unreal. it’s about a 5 minute drive to Grappler. you’d need to have a boat slip to do it efficiently in my opinion. there is spots to keep a boat at the campsite; the fishermen usually woke up earlier than us to drag their boats to grappler and launch.

Thinking I’m just gonna wing it and go with the flow, see it first hand and make it work
road trip style

My biggest concern is how to keep my catch and I know I’m gonna get varied answers but it’s all important
Ice, salt ice ? Or dry ice and or freezer service
Cause I’m gonna throw a bunch of lures and put a bunch of time in learning how it’s done and probably buy a bunch of fish at the store to fill the freezer and I’m going to have the time of my life

My biggest concern is how to keep my catch and I know I’m gonna get varied answers but it’s all important
Ice, salt ice ? Or dry ice and or freezer service
Cause I’m gonna throw a bunch of lures and put a bunch of time in learning how it’s done and probably buy a bunch of fish at the store to fill the freezer and I’m going to have the time of my life
How long is your trip? Are you going to have a truck to hold several coolers?
4-5 days in salt ice will be fine. Bottom ice, belly ice, top ice, drain often. I hate fish bags, but you're supposed to be able to ID each fisher"s catch. Repeat in the next cooler if you get that many. Bleed and ice your fish in the boat to get things started properly.
There is proper salt ice facility downtown PA at the docks to get you started, then I don't know (I fish the Ukee side). McKay Lodge I think.

How long is your trip? Are you going to have a truck to hold several coolers?
4-5 days in salt ice will be fine. Bottom ice, belly ice, top ice, drain often. I hate fish bags, but you're supposed to be able to ID each fisher"s catch. Repeat in the next cooler if you get that many. Bleed and ice your fish in the boat to get things started properly.
There is proper salt ice facility downtown PA at the docks to get you started, then I don't know (I fish the Ukee side). McKay Lodge I think.
Want to start with as long as it takes to find fish and get in the zone probably four or five days unless it takes longer
I think one of the camp grounds does freezer service does any other business do this and would PA have dry ice ?

Back