Any chum showing up at Browns Bay ?

We lost more than we got in the boat as usual. Out in the dark, first double header converted at 8:30 separation head. Saw boats out in the middle with a few jumpers around them. Went out and joined them at 10:00. Could not keep all 4 rods in for more than 10 minutes. Went 10 for ?... Lost count. Largest 4 went almost 50 lbs
What a way to finish our week!

Good seeing you this morning Crow, had a fun fishing with the boys good to make new friends Degree of Freedom and meet Alberni and others. Friday night was a blast Dan can attest to that one he came around by noon Saturday lol. Chum fishing was decent no biggies for us but saw lots at the Weigh Station. Great times!

Awesome time, great weather, solid crew, we had a blast.
Slow going yesterday, picked up a couple.
Then we went to the middle of the channel in 600 feet north of Separation Head and the bite was on.
We had numerous multiple hook ups including a four header, depth was all over and they hit everything we had down.
We are happy with our nine!
This derby is too much fun.

oh yah the weather!!

T shirts in the afternoon! amazing!

Crow weighs in

I am on the couch this weekend. My armchair prediction is Crow 1 Duff 2 SophiaB 3
There should be sports action on this stuff .
Not sure how Duffer and Sophia made out but Crow collected largest overall weight day 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 319
Last edited by a moderator:
We weighed in each day. Never seen you or anyone from you crew weigh in either day. Didn't even see DOF's boat today other then at first light. Did you fish today?

We were one of the first ones to weigh in. Sat around waiting for you guys till almost 1. Said good bye to Alberni fisher and headed home. Didn't stay for the prizes

Nice work crow!!

We hit the dock at 12:28 and got in line with our fish. Then stayed for the awards. You should have stayed around they gave out an award for the ugliest fish. Think you could have won. :)

Good times for sure...

Hey everyone, was able to make it up for the Saturday with Southern Star. The morning started out with an orca show off Separation Head. We moved over to Deepwater Wall and got into the pack. Fish were being caught all around us, then finally it was our turn. We caught our limit of 8 by 1pm. The chaos of multiple rods going off with lots of boats around in strong currents and a kelp maze made for some good times! Special thanks to White Wolf Charters-Bruce, for helping us out with a boat to use as our tow rig was having issues. Hope the fishing continued to be fun for today too.

Western Star

chum.jpg

Good job Colin and girls! Ares were all under 10 lbs. Nice haul.
Thanks Cliff
Not sure how I missed the sea ray when we walked the dock sat night, but was nice to see you this morning.
Already looking forward to next year. Hope we will have our next boat buy then.

Fished Plumper from 11:30 to 2pm today (Sunday). Landed 9 of 14. 40 to 85 feet, all colors, all leader lengths. Had a quadruple header which was chaotic. Great day.

Lots of zero's reported today. Albernifisher rocked it in more then on way with 10 fish, our boat got 4, others which will remain nameless had nothing. Many people didn't even come in for weight in.

Our best action was in the morning from about 8 till about 9:30-10am. Went 4 for 4 on chum and released a unclipped hatchery coho... :) The pink TKO spoons I bought Thursday at PNT saw most of the action.

Sure hope to see some major action tomorrow morning.

Not confirmed but I heard a 19.5# is in the lead. That will be hard to beat. Also heard aprox. 135 fish were weighed in.

Just noticed this post now. Did you take any pictures of your fish? Seems like you may have jumped the gun and got outfished by those who remain nameless

Just noticed this post now. Did you take any pictures of your fish? Seems like you may have jumped the gun and got outfished by those who remain nameless
Do you know who those people are? If you feels it refers to you, then yes we out fished you during the hours of the derby. As every one knows that took part, even mentioned at the closing that you left before.... Fishing was great Saturday afternoon.

Knew a lot more people at the derby then just you. Had I been referring to you I would have said Lorne not those who remain nameless.

As for pictures I posted one. A clean picture just for you.

Do you know who those people are? If you feels it refers to you, then yes we out fished you during the hours of the derby. As every one knows that took part, even mentioned at the closing that you left before.... Fishing was great Saturday afternoon.

Knew a lot more people at the derby then just you. Had I been referring to you I would have said Lorne not those who remain nameless.

As for pictures I posted one. A clean picture just for you.

I love it.

Great weekend! What amazing weather. Fishing was tough...we were all ready to turn in our man-cards due to our obvious lack of chum catching ability...then Saturday afternoon raised our spirits.

Here's the end product...trying something new in taking off the skin as the only thing that makes me feel more queasy than I felt Saturday morning is chum slime

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382408502.332371.jpg

Great weekend! What amazing weather. Fishing was tough...we were all ready to turn in our man-cards due to our obvious lack of chum catching ability...then Saturday afternoon raised our spirits.

Here's the end product...trying something new in taking off the skin as the only thing that makes me feel more queasy than I felt Saturday morning is chum slime

View attachment 9417

Great looking stuff DOF!! I honked at you guys when you were pulled off the highway Friday(near Courtenay)

Here are some pics from my camera -

The Gong rang early for someone on Friday!!

100_6324.jpg100_6326.jpg

Back