Any chum showing up at Browns Bay ?

Boat will be staying home...... But I might just show up as an assistant. That's is why I think Tortuga's prediction is wrong. :)

I am pretty excited about the derby.
Picking up a 'ringer' at the CR airport at noon then splashing the boat and heading north!
Still foggy in the am here, but the sun is trying hard to break through.
I guess we will leave the cameras at home, going to be a filth pig weekend all'round!!!

I am on the couch this weekend. My armchair prediction is Crow 1 Duff 2 SophiaB 3
There should be sports action on this stuff .
Thanks for the encouragement tortuga! You have me ahead of some tough competition, I'll try to produce that prediction, but it's going to be challenging to top our second largest from two years ago. Will keep you posted.

Thanks for the encouragement tortuga! You have me ahead of some tough competition, I'll try to produce that prediction, but it's going to be challenging to top our second largest from two years ago. Will keep you posted.

How did you do today? Sure would like a report. ...........BB

Fished today (Friday) at Separation Head and along the wall north of Deep Water. Had 4 chum hits and landed them all. It was pretty slow most of the day. I'm happy with 4, I suspect we did better than many boats. Using blue/pink hootchie on 42" leader, 75 feet.

How did you do today? Sure would like a report. ...........BB
Outgoing tide in morning was slow one fish at the wall. When the current got going things picked up around 11, went 5 out of 9. Lost a heavy weight when it went around the downrigger cable of the boat in front of us. Too bad!
Lines spread out 50-80 pink,pink and black, pink glow stripe, pink and blue, they all work. 32" leaders

Thanks for the report Crow. Think I will fish plumper first thing tomorrow am. Hope the fog does not show up! ............BB

Lots of zero's reported today. Albernifisher rocked it in more then on way with 10 fish, our boat got 4, others which will remain nameless had nothing. Many people didn't even come in for weight in.

Our best action was in the morning from about 8 till about 9:30-10am. Went 4 for 4 on chum and released a unclipped hatchery coho... :) The pink TKO spoons I bought Thursday at PNT saw most of the action.

Sure hope to see some major action tomorrow morning.

Not confirmed but I heard a 19.5# is in the lead. That will be hard to beat. Also heard aprox. 135 fish were weighed in.

Dam I love this derby, drink way to much,loud music and I have a fricken unreal crew. Fishing was good for us, went 10 for 17??? Running 6 rods sure makes it a lot of fun

Thanks for the reports folks. Hope to read some more soon.............. :).

Last edited by a moderator:
We went 4 for 7 yesterday, biggest 12 pounds. Great day out there. Saw Alberni fisher's new paint job looked great. Didn't recognize many other SFBC'ers

Yesterday morning started off by me showing up at the dock at 7, opening up a cuddy with the wretched smell of Farts and alcohol. DOF and Duffer Tied one on the night before and were in fine form. DoF spent the majority of the morning chuming, so bad so it was hard to make fun of him! However, like a true soldier he manned up and got it together by around 11.

Slow day for the killers yesterday till 3 pm(2 bites in 6 hours of fishing), then it went off at green sea. We went 5 for 12 in an hour and a half. Every one around us into fish at the same rate. Lots of hooting and hollering. Was pretty wicked after such a slugfest the first half of the day. Today was much different, we were into fish right away and it was pretty consistent all morning. Finished up with 8 before the weigh in. Great derby, decent fishing, met some great people and had a lot of laughs.

We lost more than we got in the boat as usual. Out in the dark, first double header converted at 8:30 separation head. Saw boats out in the middle with a few jumpers around them. Went out and joined them at 10:00. Could not keep all 4 rods in for more than 10 minutes. Went 10 for ?... Lost count. Largest 4 went almost 50 lbs
What a way to finish our week!

Great day...Bites been on since sunrise. For those who don't like bloody photos, here's a clean on for you :)

So I guess GLG was right and green sea was hot? Didn't see you guys at the weigh in?

Back