Alert Bay

Make sure you look at all the openings and closures of coho there is a few of them for every area around there.

Good luck Wolf

nedarb...gotta actually read this stuff ;) See page 1 of this thread and the link given there, and re-read the telegraph cove thread just down the first page...its all there!

Yes, kelp bed is that that runs from the west entrance of Mitchell Bay all the way around to Donegal Head. My best for coho was always infront of the east side of the bay...basically troll from the wharf to donegal and loop back literally 10-50' from the kelp line (watch for the reef right on the corner)....you can catch the pinks and coho in 15-40 feet easy...infact, you'll often not be able to get 2 lines in the water...any pink squirt is the ticket for pinks...i killed coho on mint tulip and army truck hootchies.

Hi, nedarb.

Please post some pics of the fish you catch, and the campsite your staying at when you return. I've stayed at Alder Bay and Telegraph cove, but never at Alert Bay. Is there moorage at the campsite, or is it a roadtrip to where you keep the boat. Just curious, it's always nice to know what all the facilities are like in the area. Best of luck, enjoy your trip.

TheBigGuy

quote:Originally posted by Deewar25

nedarb...gotta actually read this stuff ;) See page 1 of this thread and the link given there, and re-read the telegraph cove thread just down the first page...its all there!

sorry guys, i did rread it all just excited and double checkingand thanks wolf will look into those regs

Did I miss something, up to July 31, 2 coho, 1 clipped, 1 wild, area 12 arround Mitchell bay and Donegal Head, sub area 5 and 18. What about after July31?

Back