300k boat for 200k

I’m thinking about it, the wife approves, and I can throw it on my trailer. It’s priced a bit high for a boat with almost 20 year old motors but they sound soooo nice. No kicker and downrigger mounts, he’s been trolling on the mains, 1200 hours doesn’t seem much.
It's not the hours, it's the age and generation of the engines that are of concern. They aren't as reliable as say a 2007 250 yam. It's a gamble for sure. Hopefully they don't Nickle and dime the buyer.

It's not the hours, it's the age and generation of the engines that are of concern. They aren't as reliable as say a 2007 250 yam. It's a gamble for sure. Hopefully they don't Nickle and dime the buyer.
I agree, and even if those motors are good to me for 2-3 years, they will be worthless after that

How would this one compare? Looks like the price was dropped $35k recently..

339405336_6271222539595151_7236314763812592972_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/608949927752223/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:959ca483-8860-4af5-9747-2d195064e031
Best deal going. Trailer included that’s a steal.

@Sttr This has your name on it, engines have 8 years of warranty. 2901 for 115k usd Run it for the six months or six years to finish the 26er and then take the power of this one and throw a couple of used Yami's on her and resell it. Warranty might be only good for the US but that's why you have two to get her down for the unlikely time you need it https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/869322001079752/

So the time has come and it looks like I’m pulling the trigger on a new boat. Been going back and forth on my build and it’s not really getting anywhere. I’ve been looking for deals on used boats but it seems guys want way too much or the good deals are swept up in a day. New boats are still expensive but there’s more inventory sitting nowadays including a few 2023 models.
Love the idea of having a new boat with new power. Found a beautiful new 2023 hewes 24 ocean pro at a great price imo that would be perfect for me right now. Love the boat, love the dance floor.

Would love to hear any reviews you guys might have on this boat,

I know it’s a ply deck, not self bailing, don’t really care too much about that, will be on a trailer

I just don't see how someone could tolerate a non self baking deck.. the thoughts of blood/guts etc going into the bildge constantly is a no no for me
I hear ya man, but I’m only a weekend warrior at best, it’s something I can work around,
And show me a new boat for 150k that has a self bailing deck…

It’s modelled after the sea runner which I loved. You will want suspension seats if it has the 300hp on her she should fly. Plywood floors are a pain as they do leak and the foam underneath gets wet, almost need a rear canvas cover for storage. There are a couple HC Pacific cruisers for sale with the self bailing deck and stand up heads. If you and the Mrs have kids you will want the v-berth. Not sure how overnightable the pacific cruisers are but they look pretty good.

I hear ya man, but I’m only a weekend warrior at best, it’s something I can work around,
And show me a new boat for 150k that has a self bailing deck…
24 is such a nice size, a self-bailing deck is not the end of the world. Lots of people do just fine without them, and you get higher gunnels which is better for kids. The plywood deck is a little annoying but how hard is it to switch to something better?

It’s modelled after the sea runner which I loved. You will want suspension seats if it has the 300hp on her she should fly. Plywood floors are a pain as they do leak and the foam underneath gets wet, almost need a rear canvas cover for storage. There are a couple HC Pacific cruisers for sale with the self bailing deck and stand up heads. If you and the Mrs have kids you will want the v-berth. Not sure how overnightable the pacific cruisers are but they look pretty good.
It’s a much bigger boat than the sea runner.
I had the same deck on my thunderjet for almost 10 years parked outside, no issues with the ply rotting.

I’m just not a fan of the pacific cruiser look…
And more expensive, don’t plan on sleeping on the boat,

Back