300k boat for 200k

Definitely worth looking at the 26 osprey that Brian mentioned, 10k more but has windlass and may be better value. Sea sport looks like it may have newer electronics but I couldn’t tell for sure. Although the only looked quickly at the ad can’t remember if the osprey has a trailer

That's a 24' Explorer which is the long cabin with separate head, I have a 2005 version of the same boat. Seems this may be your summer fix and you can continue with the Commander for the future. Great boat and not a bad price if its 80k. DM me if you have any questions

Congrats, I should check out a 2400 sea sport. I don't feel likes it's big enough...but my budget isn't big enough for a 2600. Guessing it's a incredible boat.

Going to check out a 2000 24 Seasport today. Little off my original requirements for a boat, but a nice trade off for my thunderjet, it’s got a Volvo 5.7L , new long block with 10hours on it. New manifolds and risers couple years ago. Don’t have any info on the drives yet. Comes with a trailer. Doesn’t have a rear helm, has newer electronics and radar. Has a kicker but no remote steering
Asking price is in the 80’s.
What’s your guys thoughts on this setup?
Looks like a clean taken care of boat.View attachment 91749
I had to go back and look at this post again. She’s a beauty!
With no rear helm and no remote for the kicker, what’s your plan for steering while trolling?

I had to go back and look at this post again. She’s a beauty!
With no rear helm and no remote for the kicker, what’s your plan for steering while trolling?
My first thought was a panther remote.
I’m not sure how much I want to put into this boat, let’s put some hours on that new engine and get comfortable with the boat first.
I will let you know what I payed for this Seasport when the deal is completed.This hopefully will be a straight up trade for my thunder jet after I sell it. Couldn’t come at a better time, I been getting the thunderjet ready for WH 🤣 dreading sleeping in a 3/4 hardtop.
Man…. It’s tough buying a boat everything is a compromise, finding a perfect boat is almost impossible or they are snatched up right away. Then there’s the commander, which I have to compare everything to and honestly nothing compares to it. Everything from the paint job to the rub rails to the headliner and wall fabric that I already have blows all these boats out of the water. Let’s see how much I fall in love with this Seasport, cause all I been thinking about lately is how sexy my commander could be.

I would stay clear of panther. Non stop issues with them. Motors last 1-2 years and die. Intellisteer last and work well. With a tiller on the kicker you could mount a side mount sea star cylinder and put a steering wheel on the back and control throttle on the tiller, not that much of a pain

Yes I had lots of failures with the panther, worked great when it worked, easy install, quick response and quiet. Many times I got to the fishing grounds only to have it not work though. I’ve been on intelli steer cable drive and it’s been pretty reliable, have to replace the cable every couple to few years. Also easy to install but have to run cable through transom most likely and a little slower response time, I did fish tight cap fishing with it no problem though. I am considering going to a hydraulic system just for the kicker though as I can put a lowrance auto with remote ,,then I’d have rear helm and Bluetooth remote for if sitting in the cabin, You’d want something to steer that kicker pretty quickly, could be difference between living the boat and not for fishing. The beauty of the included cabin and being able to relax in there while fishing so get something that allows that. Rear helm you could be stuck back there all times steering. Quick easy would be intelli probably 1k to do . Rear helm probably double in price but no remote.

Intellisteer had been very reliable on the Eaglecraft. We replace the cable every four years. Slow turning, but we have always made it work.

Haven’t found it hard to control with it being slower. The best system I have used over the years was goetz toll eze. Used a seastar cylinder and it worked great
That was an pneumatic cylinder basically. It worked for light PSI hydraulic applications but I actually was not a hydraulic cylinder. Wasn't a bad setup for the place in time it took place either.

Haven’t found it hard to control with it being slower. The best system I have used over the years was goetz toll eze. Used a seastar cylinder and it worked great
I had the worst experience with one of those god awful systems. That's what the commander came with. First thing I did was install the rear helm.

Back