23 hourston deciding what to do

Why do a gut job and rebuild when you can buy...?

Rewarding? Yes
Enjoyable? Most Times
Would I do it again? No
Did i save money doing it myself? Absolutely
Did I meet some great gents along the way? O course
Will you get your money back at resale? No
Advise? buy the best boat that you can afford to suit your needs and enjoy NOW!

Lots of good boats coming to market each day, wait it out for "the one".

Last edited:
A few boats running highthrust 25’s and seem to love them just need to make sure that the extra weight is offset with batteries on opposite side to balance things out at rest.

I would plan boat out to ensure no fish lockers in floor all above waterline that are gravity drained. Less pumps the better. Always thought long seat boxes that drain via through hulls out side would be ideal. Easy rinse out and drain. Captain chair on fronts of seat boxes rear facing cushion with hatch that opens to drop catch in.

If it were me I would make sure floor is above water line to make sure it’s self bailing as well. Self draining boxes and floor super important. Once you have a self bailing boat you won’t settle for anything else.

We just got the new 25 and 30 D models in with Tohatsu and they start at 127 lbs. I'm sure they will show up with a merc helmet on at some point here however the supply chain is still slow atm. 3 cylinder fuel injected kickers that now weight not much more, then the 10-20hp models. Pretty sweet

We just got the new 25 and 30 D models in with Tohatsu and they start at 127 lbs. I'm sure they will show up with a merc helmet on at some point here however the supply chain is still slow atm. 3 cylinder fuel injected kickers that now weight not much more, then the 10-20hp models. Pretty sweet
These ?

Also @salmonkiller01 build the 23!

Attachments

• 41F6DB4F-B634-473A-A547-59E8ED9E0D66.png
    41F6DB4F-B634-473A-A547-59E8ED9E0D66.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 82
Think I'll get another 1.5mph out of the new 25 over the 15 prop kicker? Currently the 15 does 5mph in calm weathwr pushing a nwac. Doing 6.5mph would be relevant for my application. Primarily, it would be nice to have a quieter motor trolling in weather...

For the record I've been super impressed with the 15prokicker. Much prefer to the racket of the 25 yam or the suzuki 15/20. Didn't find there was more push in the 25 yam then the 15 merc although the hulls weren't identical so tough to give a great comparison.

Think I'll get another 1.5mph out of the new 25 over the 15 prop kicker? Currently the 15 does 5mph in calm weathwr pushing a nwac. Doing 6.5mph would be relevant for my application. Primarily, it would be nice to have a quieter motor trolling in weather...

I think a 20hp would give you that extra snap at WOT. The 3 cylinder would be alot more then a 1.5 mph increase, better charging, bigger gearcase and wheel, and really smooth quiet machine being 3 cylinder.

I think a 20hp would give you that extra snap at WOT. The 3 cylinder would be alot more then a 1.5 mph increase, better charging, bigger gearcase and wheel, and really smooth quiet machine being 3
I think a 20hp would give you that extra snap at WOT. The 3 cylinder would be alot more then a 1.5 mph increase, better charging, bigger gearcase and wheel, and really smooth quiet machine being 3 cylinder.
You start pushing a ton of water pretty quick after 6mph so that's why I am wondering. I'm signed up for a 25 this spring so I will have to wait and find out. If I can get up to 7mph I'd be real impressed. I'll report back the findings if I get one hung on there. I said, sure I'll play guinea pig before prices were available, haha. Hopefully they are reasonable.

Not much to risk on really. All they did was add a cylinder and a slightly bigger gearcase to the previous 9.9-20 range. That engine is pretty fantastic. Might be the best one ever done in that range really. For that purpose anyway

Well I am heading tomorrow to look at a trailer and will get the boat to storage if the trailer is good. The build is no rush. I pulled the listing of my 20 and will just run it till the 23 is done or who knows? Might just flip the 23 or ??
Any luck with the trailer? I have a line on a brand-new trailer, I was thinking of buying the boat that it sits on for the motor and selling the trailer.

Any luck with the trailer? I have a line on a brand-new trailer, I was thinking of buying the boat that it sits on for the motor and selling the trailer.
Nothing yet. Guys want too much for junk. 4K for a painted steel trailer with questionable brakes.

Back