Legendary one & only "Snyder Built" 26' Hourston

EZZ70

Hi, I am offering my partially restored 26 foot Hourston Glascraft Sedan for sale, $30k. I know many of you will be surprised and perhaps disappointed that I will not be following through to completion but the worst is over with and now the fun stuff begins. May consider trade for something smaller around 20' -23' Pilothouse turn-key.

Description:
26 1970’s Hourston Glascraft Sedan

I would like to explore the possibility of offering a partially restored 26 foot Hourston to persons of interest.
This boat has undergone a complete transformation to “better than factory” standards. You can be proud to own a part of history that can never be replaced and know that the restoration was done with careful consideration to quality, craftsmanship and safety. It has been redesigned to receive a transom mounted outboard bracket that can accommodate either twin outboards or a single main engine with an auxiliary motor for additional safety and/or rec fishing purposes.

Please note this boat is currently located in Red Deer, Alberta

This vessel can be continued in many directions such as for dedicated sport fishing, Island cruising, weekend retreat or perhaps a combination highlighting your own specific style.

To date the following has been completed…
- new stringers
- new transom
- new keelson
- new floor
- new 80gal aluminum fuel tank
- 2015 galvanized tandem trailer w/electric breaks
- new washboard reinforcement
-rebuild of cabin roof
-rebuild of command bridge
-aluminum window frames polished
-new gelcoat finish above and below water line

The hard stuff is done, take it to your level of finish!

Price breakdown...
$6500 Trailer
$3500 Hull & Demo
$2000 New Fuel Tank & Fittings
$1000 Rebuild Roof
$1000 Rebuild Command Bridge
$9500 Restoration Supplies & Materials
$1500 Gelcoat
$5000 partial labour

Interested parties can view the build process with pictures, videos and descriptive build practices @

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1510224175
https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/26-Hourston-Glascraft-Sedan_36032470
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/vancouver-26-hourston-glascraft-sedan/7152019743.html
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM772uND0YwiQaAY9Y0TnUg?view_as=subscriber
https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/23-26-hourston-project-commenced.76711/

For additional information please contact:
Rob
40three89six75zero4

Last edited:
I received two calls on it already today both from the Island, one early afternoon other about an hour ago. Maybe just tire kickers but seemed interested... Guy from Port Alberni more so.

The kid deserves some profit. How many estimated hours are you into it Robert?

Find a buyer who wants you to finished what you've started and will compensate you accordingly, that's the best path forward for all. Nothing like assuming someone else's vision half way through blah...

Have you weighed it before and after? Just curious how much epoxy went into that tank lol

The kid deserves some profit. How many estimated hours are you into it Robert?

O boy, I will have to check my dailies and try and add things up, honestly I don't want to know, it will be depressing :confused:

At 500 hours you are making $10/ hr doing highly skilled bot building. Not cool.

I can tell you 500 hrs is conservative :oops:

Better than factory!
At 500 hours you are making $10/ hr doing highly skilled boat building. Not cool.
my thoughts exactly. Bet a shop would be $100++ an hour plus markup on the supplies.(they may get their supplies wholesale) they may be faster as it’s their specialty trade.... but maybe not as well.....

Awesome job. Some one will see the end game and scoop it up

Thx 32knots, ya its about a week or two away form putting back together if I go at it hard :D I know the price reflects the the product and who ever buys it will have a boat for a life time. I am not sure on other Hourston builds but I would like to think this is worth it :cool:. The trailer is mint and listed at cost and to replace is now $10k.

$2000 for a aluminum fuel tank?

Yes sir the tank was something like $1500 + hoses + fittings, sending unit and pickups and shutoff valves, the tank also has 2 coats of epoxy tar as a sealer... I can add up the receipts, I think it would be a tad bit over $2000. The tank has 3 baffles and 2 supplies with a spare, so it can be rigged for twins and a kicker with each having its own supply.

Attachments

• IMG_8794.jpeg
    IMG_8794.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8661.jpeg
    IMG_8661.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
i will build you as many tanks as you want for $1,500 each

Good to know, now you have some free advertising. lol
Thank you for your input and Ill keep you in mind... :)

How much would you charge for a 80gal tank that is beveled to form hull with 3 baffles and 12 tabs for fastening points as well a vent, sending unit, 3 ports for supply and fill? Just curious, others may be interested in this quote (feel free to post the quote here for viewing) and get you some orders @ an exception good price for followers. @noluck

Last edited:
Back