2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hello ab, I rolled up at SH just before 7:00, I think there were 4-5 boats when I landed, obviously you were one. Six hours later I exited, stage left,
with nada, saw one fish landed ahead of me, maybe 8-10 lbs., and a few pinks here and there, but rolling whole herring keeps the pinks off, got my share earlier. I agree with sir-vivor, rain pushes the fish at the mouth in, and orcas generate an immediate urge to head for the spawning grounds, or bugger off into the deep somewhere for a couple days. I didn't think it was possible to hate the Liberals more, but I'm working on it....:mad:
I hope to God this clown is ousted

SH today. Got there around 9. One wild coho. 2 (just) undersized chinook. Lost another fish that pulled hard for a bit. Ran medium sized cut plug herring on bottom rod just above dummy flashers. First time I’ve tried it, it worked pretty well. Second small chinook was on anchovy. Fished the last 3 hours with not a sniff. Beauty day though. Maybe cap mouth next time.

Hello ab, I rolled up at SH just before 7:00, I think there were 4-5 boats when I landed, obviously you were one. Six hours later I exited, stage left,
with nada, saw one fish landed ahead of me, maybe 8-10 lbs., and a few pinks here and there, but rolling whole herring keeps the pinks off, got my share earlier. I agree with sir-vivor, rain pushes the fish at the mouth in, and orcas generate an immediate urge to head for the spawning grounds, or bugger off into the deep somewhere for a couple days. I didn't think it was possible to hate the Liberals more, but I'm working on it....:mad:

Yep, saw you guys there, nice rig! I was running the same bait program too, kept the pinks away save for one hero who thought he knew better. I kept staring across at gabriola thinking I should rip across to grande but I had to be back to get my son to hockey.

Best of luck next time!

New member.
Not sure if you are on this forum or not but I Just wanted to give a big shout out/thank you to someone at the mouth of the cap today in a red/metal boat (possibly a hewescraft).
I hooked a spring (I was in a 24 foot blue trim Hewescraff Ocean Pro) and it ran directly at your boat as soon as I Hooked it and got within a couple feet of you boat and gear……..You making the effort to veer away really helped as for sure I would have otherwise lost it in your gear/motor so thank you as I know how hard that can be to do in the gauntlet/gong show.
It Ended up being a 71cm fatty Chinook…and a Red as a bonus….2 nice hatch coho as well so all in all a great day.

New member.
Not sure if you are on this forum or not but I Just wanted to give a big shout out/thank you to someone at the mouth of the cap today in a red/metal boat (possibly a hewescraft).
I hooked a spring (I was in a 24 foot blue trim Hewescraff Ocean Pro) and it ran directly at your boat as soon as I Hooked it and got within a couple feet of you boat and gear……..You making the effort to veer away really helped as for sure I would have otherwise lost it in your gear/motor so thank you as I know how hard that can be to do in the gauntlet/gong show.
It Ended up being a 71cm fatty Chinook…and a Red as a bonus….2 nice hatch coho as well so all in all a great day.
Thanks Cohoslayer.
I am also new to this thread that was me in the red thunder jet. I watched u land that one in your Hewescraft. We landed a nice 86 Cm Spring around 18 lbs in 70 ft of water using a green white hooch or. The fish fought like a tyee. It took us approx 20 minutes to land

Thanks Cohoslayer.
I am also new to this thread that was me in the red thunder jet. I watched u land that one in your Hewescraft. We landed a nice 86 Cm Spring around 18 lbs in 70 ft of water using a green white hooch or. The fish fought like a tyee. It took us approx 20 minutes to land
Awesome……thanks again for paying attention and veering, I wish more people did that….. and sorry that one got so close to you…they have a mind of their own when they are peeling lol. Congrats on your 86 spring. Cheers

Thanks man, you just saved me a bunch of gas money...I'm only down for ,$1,500 in the past 2 week, with one Chapman creek coho and a 75 cm spring to show for it haha!
Yeah I don’t want you guys dreaming it’s great over on this side.

I dragged all afternoon today in my hot zone without a bite after a decent early September

Like the Sandheads it’s not nearly as good as last year

I dragged all afternoon today in my hot zone without a bite after a decent early September

Not asking for your hot zone, but where do you generally fish?

This is by far and away the worst late summer fishery on the central straits / Fraser I can recall. I must have written the ad to sell the boat over and over in my mind today, think the sun was making me krazeeeee

Was out at Sandheads from 8:30 till 5:30 only 2 pinks , 4 undersized Spring , 1 wild Coho , and a missed fish , not a pin popper , came off half way in .
Nice day , good company , just no Springs.
Marco Polo , I was the tall bald grey bearded guy , talked to you at the launch place . Nice to meet you .

Kinda feel guilty about my post above, not haha
But if I was out at the SH, I'd be shooting straight out from the white marker to 400 ft of water then about 1/4 mile towards Pt Atkinson , just enough to get out of the outflow from the S Arm , then plunk her down in the 400-500 ft of water , at 60-95 ft and fish my hoochie and bait in a 45 degree angle on the downrigger lines in a hugh circle (coming back to the 200ft ish of water . If that doesn't work I'd head back towards the middle of the river outflow (in the strong water) and fish from about 150ft to 400 ft in a hugh circle again. Good luck. tight lines and go get'em boys just my 2 cents. If this doesn't work look for PREDITOR and follow him , Dave doesn't mind hahaha (Don't follow me because I'm probably following you and all we;ll be doing is circles haha . Tight lines !

Last edited:
Back