2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Kinda feel guilty about my post above, not haha
But if I was out there I'd be shooting straight out from the white marker to 400 ft of water then about 1/4 mile towards Pt Atkinson , just enough to get out of the outflow from the S Arm , then plunk her down in the 400-500 ft of water , at 60-95 ft and fish my hoochie and bait in a 45 degree angle on the downrigger lines in a hugh circle (coming back to the 200ft ish of water . If that doesn't work I'd head back towards the middle of the river outflow (in the strong water) and fish from about 150ft to 400 ft in a hugh circle again. Good luck. tight lines and go get'em boys just my 2 cents. If this doesn't work look for PREDITOR and follow him , Dave doesn't mind hahaha (Don't follow me because I'm probably following you and all we;ll be doing is circles haha . Tight lines !
Like this? Hahaha

Attachments

• 1905DB87-2D0C-4CDD-9468-6E5AA22575BC.jpeg
    1905DB87-2D0C-4CDD-9468-6E5AA22575BC.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 259
I watched the Predator get towed in on March 31, off the west wall of Bowen. Didn't seem him out again until yesterday when he waked me passing by off T10...The Predator lives!
He’s been fishing entrance quite a bit with the rest of the fleet..

He’s been fishing entrance quite a bit with the rest of the fleet..
Yup , Dave's always on the prowl...no stay and pay, with Dave its " They dont bite, ok gotta another plan" haha But u can bet if ya see him your in the game haha. I dont know Dave other than seeing him at the shows and on the water flying buy or catchin, but hes put in his time and like I said you wanna know where to fish and when. Get on his boat for a day and watch youll be way ahead of the game next time out. Lots of great guides out there , if your just starting , get on board and you'll GET IT !

Last edited:
I watched the Predator get towed in on March 31, off the west wall of Bowen. Didn't seem him out again until yesterday when he waked me passing by off T10...The Predator lives!
I saw him at entrance a few times in August and early September

Seen a couple nets out at cap . Nothing for us yet though . Staying out of the pack for the most part
I've heard from a few guys who consistently fish the cap with success and they let their cannon ball bang on the bottom, while trolling while fishing large herring. But I wouldnt recommend it. If I was to fish it , I'd love to just sit their and use the Flutter Jigs I make (Flow) View attachment 70471

Last edited:
Fished the high tide at the Cap today and had some gentle success both in the crowd and on the fringes – one coho and one chinook (marble – along with a two smaller chinooks released).

Saw quite a few nets out too. Bite was on from high tide at 1:30 for about an hour. Fish were pretty much on the bottom around 100'. Got the chinook on an anchovy, the coho on a hootchie.

Also wanted to mention that in the crowd everyone was pretty civil – a few rogues on the willy nilly tack (WTF?) but mostly orderly.

IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

Fished the high tide at the Cap today and had some gentle success both in the crowd and on the fringes – one coho and one chinook (marble – along with a two smaller chinooks released).

Saw quite a few nets out too. Bite was on from high tide at 1:30 for about an hour. Fish were pretty much on the bottom around 100'. Got the chinook on an anchovy, the coho on a hootchie.

Also wanted to mention that in the crowd everyone was pretty civil – a few rogues on the willy nilly tack (WTF?) but mostly orderly.

View attachment 70469

View attachment 70470

more hatchery chinook

Just pulled out the salt and procure boiled up some water. Probably put them in tonight. Thanks for the post about the Grandview canadian tire. Anchovies this year I decided.

YES. We went on the Salty Dawg in 2010 with JT after having our boat for a year and learnt a lot. And we didn’t even catch many fish. Money well spent and a fun day.
I am going to attempt to go out today around three to fish Ambleside if the winds die down slightly. That will be day 43 on the water in2021. It will be my shortest day so far. It's an obsession, I think I know a little bit. But once a year I go out with Jason from PA. His knowledge is 25 times my knowledge. I've learned as much in his three trips as all the rest of my time combined. This year we went in January, he showed me the most active prawn spot I've ever seen. (Top secret) He also gave me solid tips to get Chinook for February to May. Which worked, 2021 I caught and release way more then 2020. Plus you can drink more because I'm not operating a boat. I highly recommend it as a change of pace. But would probably go between January and August. Rest your arms before you go.

I am going to attempt to go out today around three to fish Ambleside if the winds die down slightly. That will be day 43 on the water in2021. It will be my shortest day so far. It's an obsession, I think I know a little bit. But once a year I go out with Jason from PA. His knowledge is 25 times my knowledge. I've learned as much in his three trips as all the rest of my time combined. This year we went in January, he showed me the most active prawn spot I've ever seen. (Top secret) He also gave me solid tips to get Chinook for February to May. Which worked, 2021 I caught and release way more then 2020. Plus you can drink more because I'm not operating a boat. I highly recommend it as a change of pace. But would probably go between January and August. Rest your arms before you go.

Only 1.4M seas in English bay, I'm in.

Conditions don’t look too favourable today wind and waves look a bit nasty.

This is by far and away the worst late summer fishery on the central straits / Fraser I can recall. I must have written the ad to sell the boat over and over in my mind today, think the sun was making me krazeeeee
It's definitely not

Back