2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non-retention of chinook in the Juan de Fuca Strait and Southern Strait of Georgia until July 31; retention of one (1) chinook per person per day from August 1 until August 29th, and two (2) per person per day from Aug 30th until December 31.

wcvi-offshore-coiv-excotiere-eng.jpg

WCVI Subareas 20-1 and 20-2, and offshore Area 121, as well as Areas 123 to 127 seaward of a 1 nm Boundary Line

Please see FN0395 for full definition of the Boundary Line.

• Apr. 1 to Jul. 14, chinook non-retention;
  • July 15 to Dec. 31, 2 chinook per day
Queen Charlotte Strait and Johnstone Strait in Area 12 (excluding Subarea 12-14) and Strait of Georgia – North (Areas 13 to 17, 28, portions of 29 (29-1 and 29-2)
  • Apr. 1 to Jul. 14, chinook non-retention
  • July 15 to Aug. 29, 1 chinook per day
  • Aug. 30 to Dec. 31, 2 chinook per day
Strait of Georgia – South and Juan de Fuca Strait Area 18, Subareas 19-3 to 19-12, Subareas 29-3 to 29-5, 29-8 and Subareas 20-3 to 20-7
  • Apr. 1 to Jul. 31, chinook non-retention
  • Aug. 1 to Aug. 29, 1 chinook per day (with option for terminal fisheries)

wcvi-offshore-coiv-excotiere-eng.jpg

WCVI Subareas 20-1 and 20-2, and offshore Area 121, as well as Areas 123 to 127 seaward of a 1 nm Boundary Line

Please see FN0395 for full definition of the Boundary Line.

• Apr. 1 to Jul. 14, chinook non-retention;
  • July 15 to Dec. 31, 2 chinook per day
Queen Charlotte Strait and Johnstone Strait in Area 12 (excluding Subarea 12-14) and Strait of Georgia – North (Areas 13 to 17, 28, portions of 29 (29-1 and 29-2)
  • Apr. 1 to Jul. 14, chinook non-retention
  • July 15 to Aug. 29, 1 chinook per day
Strait of Georgia – South and Juan de Fuca Strait Area 18, Subareas 19-3 to 19-12, Subareas 29-3 to 29-5, 29-8 and Subareas 20-3 to 20-7
  • Apr. 1 to Jul. 31, chinook non-retention
  • Aug. 1 to Aug. 29, 1 chinook per day (with option for terminal fisheries)
God total PTSD moment there. I haven't looked at that stupid pink map in a while. :mad:

I am pushing off at first light on the 14th and will be off southern texada for the following 9 days and I can't wait We have a small beach house in the area and I haven't been up much at all due to work. I am pushing off this afternoon at 1 to go take a look around, hope you all can get out too. Just a super fun meeting at the bank away and ii am out. Cheers everyone.

Based on the coloured map, the bell and east is going to be packed July 15-30. Same with southern howe sound.

I am pushing off at first light on the 14th and will be off southern texada for the following 9 days and I can't wait We have a small beach house in the area and I haven't been up much at all due to work. I am pushing off this afternoon at 1 to go take a look around, hope you all can get out too. Just a super fun meeting at the bank away and ii am out. Cheers everyone.

Where is this cabin and do you have room for a 24' pursuit and a 5'11 man?

Anyone heading out today? Planning to fish the circuit after lunch today. Will report later.

Stupid boundaries should of used the valdez line like last year makes much more sense.

I'm certain they have had Area 17 open and 29 closed in prior years ........ and I don't recall any reports of enforcement being an issue (meaning people being harassed about where they caught their fish on the particular day). Unless enforcement is going to be ramped up at the boundary of 17 and 29 (Thrasher area) ......... its going to be the usual honour system, no? Unless they are right on top of you when you hook a fish and/or land one ........ falsifying your record of catch is more about the person fishing than it is about the ability for this to be enforced ....... that said .... wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of getting caught trying to skirt the regulations. Can't wait to get out there as we've not gone out this year ....... catching and releasing is just too much mind trauma to go through .... cuz the catching is few and far between even when retention is on ..... and in my way of thinking .... a keeper on the line is a keeper hopefully netted and going for a boat ride home .... lol. Fingers crossed that the information gathered through this season will have DFO modify/relax restrictions a bit for next season as in not completely shutting it down ....... but allowing for retention of one chinook from May on. All revved up to get back out there ........ think I learned a few things last year and want to see if it was fluke or actual acquired skill .... lol. Next week and on will hopefully be reporting success ......... need to top the 15 pounder caught last year ........ a 20 lb would be AWESOME !

Fished Pt.A all afternoon. Managed one good hit at 70 (lost it)and lots of dogs. Only 3 boats out my way.

Fished CRC this afternoon and only hooked one under at low slack. Then moved to PA on the way back and fished the west van shore line to Ambleside. Not a sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back