2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work, guys. Must have been a killer day on the water. At least I got to use that way over priced but really awesome 3m finesse IT on the deck sides this afternoon. Machine polish but also works great by hand. I didn't stroke out too so that's an added bonus.

Went to check out the pinks last night. Caught 1 from shore up Howe Sound .pic#1 second pic is squamish river today. Looks like they have arrived

Flew into YVR yesterday afternoon and took this picture of English bay. The other picture is by my boat at Mosquito Creek today.
Pretty gross.

8B48358D-9E1B-40F1-B3AF-34FFA8C4F146.jpeg 6AC728EB-B011-4EDC-8D20-3660C41BC25C.jpeg

Oh crap! That red **** is back.
Last time I saw that stuff was in the 90's. Flew from Vancouver to Port Hardy & the straits were solid red all the way to Seymour Narrows & beyond. Ugly stuff!
Was racing sailboats back then. The wake ripple sounded like we were sailing through oil.
I met a couple of DFO guys doing water testing that summer & asked them about it. Apparently, they weren't testing for the red algae & just shrugged their shoulders when I asked. Seemed like the apocalypse to me & they weren't even interested.

Is this the crap that clings on the line and clogs up the eye of the rod at times . How long does it usually hang around , and will it have any impact on the fishing , Any thoughts ?
Thanks .

I’ll be heading out in a couple of hours. Wondering if I should stay on the west van side and fish until after the high tide or hit CRC.

I’ll be heading out in a couple of hours. Wondering if I should stay on the west van side and fish until after the high tide or hit CRC.

You're coming out of Burrard Inlet? I would start near ambleside and drag the balls west towards crc along the wv coastline out past lighthouse park. When you're nearing the top of the flood I would pull them up and rip off to the outer bands off west bowen. Let us know how your day goes! Best I can do is go pick up new zincs for my stern drive

Fishing is pretty slow in the pomegranate juice. Marking fish in the west van area but no takers. At Bowen right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back