2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
spent 1hr along westvan today caught 1 legal spring at 70ft in front of Capilano River on a anchovie...saw couple of other bring in fish also. wind made for a bumpy ride back to the fraser! but we had fresh crab and fish for dinner it was a great day.

where were you fishing? I was out in that mess from 1030 till about 2 and decided to turn tail and run not a sniff trolled all the way to fisheries did a couple loops and trolled back down barely anything marked as well, only a couple others out today,
probably the nastiest day on the water this year for me

We were west of the pink apartments. I saw some fish on the finder but they all seemed to be close to the bottom. It was rough out there.

Was out between the Pink Apts and the Beach House for two hours this evening. Lots showing on the sounder on bottom but definitely not as busy as it has been. Had 3 on and 3 off (2 at 22 ft and 1 at 30 ft) ... fortunately I wasn't counting on salmon for a late dinner. Hopefully the weekend will be better.

Weather wise...its looking like it will be!! Finally these constant winds are tapering off to a nice "light" Friday and Saturday. I will be lurking around out there most of the weekend I hope...thanks for the WVan reports fellas. Seems hit or miss, but action for most.

Was out yesterday early until 12:30. Not much action. Saw a few real small coho pulled in close to pink apts rocky wall. (real tight and shallow). Tons of bait at the point east of fisheries but no bites. Lots of boats ended up at the mouth of the cap. Saw a few landed but I believe they were mostly pinks. We nailed a pink, and a 12inch lincod of all things!

0-3 tonight off the pink apt.
a good bite came on towards the end of the evening and boats were circling like sharks. Saw a lot of hook-ups, but very few fish found their way on board a boat.

green spatterback hooch was the ticket, took all three hits.

0-3 tonight off the pink apt.
a good bite came on towards the end of the evening and boats were circling like sharks. Saw a lot of hook-ups, but very few fish found their way on board a boat.

green spatterback hooch was the ticket, took all three hits.

Also out last night with two newbies on my boat. We went 0-5.. All action for us came on white glow hootchies.. Had the pleasure of losing one right beside FB being a little over anxious on the rod! :mad: Beauty night tho!! Heading out again tonight around 6pm...

I'm jealous of anyone going out this weekend. I have to tow my boat to a lake with the family. A LAKE! :( Here's a pic of the two scrappy coho's Trendsetter and I caught last weekend. It's nice to only have to reel in 18 feet of line when one bites, rather than 10x that. Will try to make it out during the week, hopefully with Trendsetter and his lucky lures.
coho.jpg

Wow,, I have not been on here for a year or two. Anyhow, was out on the westvan side today and the pinks were slammin. We landed 5 and the 2 newbies i had on board lost 5 :). Good day, decided to run into bridges for a bite and then it happened on the way back out--- my 2 year old shifter snapped off in my hand. The day was now over and i am scrambling to find a new part What a day!!!

Reports yesterday are that pinks are in full bloom at Furry Creek.
En route to find out for myself.
I know they aren't the most challenging fish to catch but I'm really looking forward to some flyfishing experience that involves fish.

I saw someone catch a Pink @ Porteau yesterday AM-they were right on the No Fishing boundary line and must have felt guilty because once they boated the fish they booted it out of there.

Fished last nite 5-7 at hole in wall, picked up 1 pink and had another good hit but missed it.
Decided to move to west van to burn the daylight and did not even get a hit....
Did spot some fish on the surface..
Anyone tach the mile markers or centre harbour lately??

We fished West Van had a busy morning. Took home 1 pink and 1 coho, lost a couple and released 3 wild. Hooked a finger real good too. THen it died off. Got someone out who hadn't fished the salt since she was eight. She played all 7. Had one really nice wild, hit like a spring. I was hoping!

Was out on the water by 8. I had my 9 year old niece with me, her first time fishing. She played 8 fished and managed to land a nice 5pound coho and a pink. I have to say is was my best time on the boat in a long time.it was a blast watching her enthusiasm and her face when she landed her 1st fish. Got home at 6.

Thanks to Dan from degree of freedom for the life jacket for my little man. His first fishing trip and the wife's also. Had around 10 hook ups with 2 pinks landed(for my bull terrier) and a nice spring about half an inch too small and 3 coho lost at the boat. Wifey ain't too good with the net yet. Great 4 hours out therewith the family. Here is a pic of the boy after a feeding( he wore the life jacket the whole time except for the breast feeding)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374377174.243429.jpg

Cannibal Chris.

Oh yeah. One double header too. It was just after the wife missed netting the spring and the quick release at the tail end of the flasher got caught in the net and it opened up. The fish bent it all the way back then I was able to get the net out of it and do it back up. Then she netted it but so close we were measuring it and the other rod was going but this springs survival was more important. Let him go but other fish was gone by then. Anchovies and spackle back hootchies around 27 feet west of the pinks.

Cannibal Chris.

afternoon bite was slow for my boat. just did a long tack from around the pink apt to fisheries. only had one hookup on a short 18" leader w a small plankton white hoohie.

good fishing at lasqueti and sangster island the last few weeks. Went out there first time mid june and were welcome with 4 double headers within the first half hour. Never saw that kind of action before. Saw all the other boats netting too. We've been out every weekend since and though not as crazy hot, still have good hits every time and keepers to take home. Lots of nice cohos though more unclipped than not. :( We fish mostly around 60-100ft depth using anchovies, hoochies and spoons and all the action seems to consistently be around 6-7am and slowing down significantly after that. Sunset might be good too but we never stay out that long.

We were out there yesterday and there were tons of small shakers and undersized spring. We boated a nice 20lb early morning and had two more good hits later morning but one never stuck and the other one was lost mid-fight. All in all this has been an incredible month for fishing. It's great so see so much action on the coast.

12341_679848434061_2109854607_n.jpg

Hooked 11 on thursday but only managed two in the box . Friday was better ,put 4 in the box with 15 hooked. Hard to keep the little buggers on .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back