2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the Boneman is the only guy fishing out there....either that or he's the only one talking! Thanks for sharing, been a pleasure following your successful catches.

Went to Thrasher Sunday afternoon, first time, solo. Rods in probably around 3:30. Missed 1 early, then picked one up while the rods were going down on the downrigger to reset. 10lb white spring, fought nicely and was surprised it was only 10. Trolled in silence for a couple more hours until about 6 then headed back. Crossing was easy going over and even easier coming back.

Fishing camp byng right now. It's been slow. Two little Hali's came up when i checked the lines after we were trolling right on bottom. That was suprising. Anyone over at the hump today?

Anybody tried around amble side or pink apartments lately?
was out sniffing around for coho yesterday, lots of bait around but no takers on the spoons
a few more days of dry weather and we should see some coho starting to stack

did about 2 hours hole in the wall. Nothing.

Anybody tried around amble side or pink apartments lately?

Fished West Van the last 2 nights. from 6 to 8:30. 1 Clipped coho each night. Thursday night got it right in front of the pink apartments in 30' of water on a Anchovy Could basically talked to people on the seawall I was in so tight.:p.... Tonight we picked one up out deep in 130' of water on a white glow squirt @ 60'.. Some small undersize springs both nights too..

Back out Sunday evening..

Fished West Van the last 2 nights. from 6 to 8:30. 1 Clipped coho each night. Thursday night got it right in front of the pink apartments in 30' of water on a Anchovy Could basically talked to people on the seawall I was in so tight.:p.... Tonight we picked one up out deep in 130' of water on a white glow squirt @ 60'.. Some small undersize springs both nights too..

Back out Sunday evening..
Damn! was trying to get some work done around the house this weekend, well its going to have to wait now
see you out there oh and don't forget...........┌∩┐

Was out today. Fished up towards the fisheries station. Went 0 for 4. One was a spring lost at the boat, didn't see the other fish. Was bouncy today. Not very many boats out there today.

Was out today. Fished up towards the fisheries station. Went 0 for 4. One was a spring lost at the boat, didn't see the other fish. Was bouncy today. Not very many boats out there today.

Nice to hear there is fish around west van. Thanks for the report Kane.
It's tempting but I am going to run up Howe sound.... We might make a tach through the fisheries on way back to vanier.). Will report

Gibsons report
fishing been a little hit and miss with days being good and then dry spells
but to the people who have been putting the effort in
where getting a few that have been further up the coast
with the odd biggie showing up

last long weekend had a 18lber on sunday and then tonight had and landed a double header fishing solo
quite some fun having two fish in the net
fish being 17lb and 15lb reds all on green glow hootchies 100-65' down on the riggers

fish being taken still from epsom pt to now heard of a tyee taken at defense today or yesterday
will keep you posted

headed out to west Van yesterday in search of some coho's trolled from 5-dark from cap to fisheries and back a time or two
fished all depths gear and water, thru a bunch of different spoons and flasher combo's out not one hit, did mark lots of bait
and did see some nice arches, only 1 other boat out there doing the same tacks
Don't think they are quite here yet

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be handing the fish out like newspapers now Boneman. Fish slayer. We hit young point and hit nota, went to epson and had 2 back to back.

You will be handing the fish out like newspapers now Boneman. Fish slayer. We hit young point and hit nota, went to epson and had 2 back to back.

Nice job!! Lol I've brought 20 fish to the boat last 3 trips out and I haven't played a freakin one!!! Time for a little boneman fishin trip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back