2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boneman, what was the breakdown on those chinooks whites vs reds? Seems like a lot of whites around... Its a bit disapointing when you cut into the fish and see the white flesh. I know hatcheries try to keep the native strain going but sure wish they would hatch more reds....

Boneman, what was the breakdown on those chinooks whites vs reds? Seems like a lot of whites around... Its a bit disapointing when you cut into the fish and see the white flesh. I know hatcheries try to keep the native strain going but sure wish they would hatch more reds....

Hey there wishin' , we only cleaned one white spring the whole time up there. A cpl marbled ones too. I personally like the flavour of the whites, and they make the "best" pickled salmon! Hardy was red hot too! 30 springs to the boat in 3 days and had too keep moving cause the coho were thick in some spots!! image.jpg

Holy Crap boneman! your my hero.
never a bad report, nice work

Lol thanks for that hookin'up! It's been an epic year for me. I can honestly say I've only been skunked once this year! Hardy was just the icing on the cake for my wife and I! A world of props to my buddy "captn Dave" for putting me onto the most amazing fishing I've ever experienced!!!! image.jpgimage.jpg

what arrea were you fishing?

I think this may becoming a Hardy and West coast thread. Unless he's back from the Island already and found some great local chinook this is not local. If he snuck back and it is a local report (and didn't call me) I will never speak to him again !! Lol ....

If he snuck back and it is a local report (and didn't call me) I will never speak to him again !! Lol ....

Hey Greg I Guess your going to have to call me now then
read above post

Heading out super early tmrw morning. Where in Howe Sound? shallow water springs sounds alot more fun than battling the gongshow at the cap mouth for runt coho and slimy pinks.. pm me

read Gregs post, I think Cohochinook is tailwaggen us ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading out now to t 10 or bell spring hunting. Will be on 88
Sent from my LG-E900h using Board Express

Went out this morning hoping to fish south of north arm but 20k winds forced my hand and went to WV. Only hit pinks unfortunately. Rough ride back to skyline with some huge swells in harbour

Went out this morning hoping to fish south of north arm but 20k winds forced my hand and went to WV. Only hit pinks unfortunately. Rough ride back to skyline with some huge swells in harbour

I was thinking of anchoring up for the fireworks tonight but decided against it. Sounds like it might have been the right decision.

Was out yesterday, from 8 am till 2 pm hooked up with about 15 fish, 7 pinks and one coho in the boat. Crabbing was unsuccessful!

Fished west van today. Seventeen fish total, 1 hatchery coho, 3 coho lost, 8 wild released, 1 12lb. Red spring and then we decided to target pinks and went 2 for 4 on them. We started out slow at the fisheries getting nothing early so moved to the cap around ten and hit a wack in a couple of hours. Then slower, back to the fisheries to finish up with couple of pinks. It's gotta change, should be able to keep a couple of wilds and then move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back