2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
went out to test new kicker steering connection, worked perfectly so decided to drop a line off jericho and troll back to the dock.. caught the fish in the link above solo, 80 feet of water, and didn't remember to bring the landing net or gaff with me either hahah, on my crab larvae special hootchie and flasher combo..

Last edited by a moderator:
on my crab larvae special hootchie and flasher combo..

Thats the first thing I noticed was the hootchie!! beauty fish but that hoochie looked fishy ;) care to elaborate ??

Fishing at thrasher out in 900ft between the rock and grand been at it 2hrs without a bite! Low slack now with a pretty good south east blowing... Any suggestions? Would the change in wind direction normally affect the fishing?

Fishing at thrasher out in 900ft between the rock and grand been at it 2hrs without a bite! Low slack now with a pretty good south east blowing... Any suggestions? Would the change in wind direction normally affect the fishing?

most action we noted monday was off grande in 850-1100'....around thrasher was quiet for boats, but who knows about the fish. good luck!

Thanks FB just trolling with the wind here just off Grande now.. Every other boat out here went the other way north east of thrasher...

most action we noted monday was off grande in 850-1100'....around thrasher was quiet for boats, but who knows about the fish.

Where is Grande. From the depth mentioned, I assume it is somewhere in the middle of the strait.

Mud and guts, who said this?? Great phrase.....

"life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favourite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOW-What a ride!"

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S Thompson from the book "Gonzo"

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S Thompson from the book "Gonzo"

That makes total sense now.....

Gonna try to hit thrasher on the next day with low winds hoping I make the journey first time trying it in a 17 foot smokercraft osprey 90 merc

Went over to Thrasher on Monday afternoon. Had an awesome ride across. Flat calm. Saw a few Harbor porpoises, pod of 4 or 5 killer whales (looked like they were heading to Bowen). Monday night released 3 undersized and kept a 22. Stayed on the dock at Silva Bay Marina. Fished Tuesday 7:30 - 1:00. Kept a 20, 13, 11, 10. Lost few more. Had more than our limit of Crab in our traps. Great couple days on the water. Most of our action was at 125 and 130. Chovies were working best, but had a few on the Irish cream spoon, and 1 on the Ace High Fly Spackle Back Hoochie.
IMAG0727.jpgIMAG0734.jpg

Buccaneer, it was fine but is was a Monday. You don't need to make a reservation either. If there is space and the office is closed it is on the honour system. Drop box. Not sure what its like on weekends. I have dropped anchor in the harbour as well. Pages has dock space as well.

Maybe I missed it, 99, but did you name the flasher and hoochie you so nicely pictured? Looks like a great combo.

Here's another pic FB. Looking at it now I realized it has the same color profile as that flasher which I always pair it with. Had good success on it everywhere from Vancouver to Tofino to Kyuquot.. cheers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95555777@N05/8723964474/in/photostream

Looks Like like an Oki Flasher...a Viper or something like that with the UV Blade and Glow Tape. The hoochie is a Purple or Blue Haze...OAL 12 or OA 12 or OAX 12. Got a few of those...that combo will work anywhere on the Coast.

Definitely a productive combo. I think Pacific Angler has that flasher in stock.

The combo works best in direct sunshine or broken overcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back