2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a friend brave the seas to today off the grande and he managed to pick up a 28 down at 160 on bait out off shore.

The hump was gross today, but I'm sure you all knew that. I didn't hear much caught on the radio. Anyone catch anything? I would have headed to Thrasher if not for the 6 month prego wife. At least the baby got a taste of the elements today.

hey guys, wanting to head out tomorrow morning with my dad in a 17ft double eagle. I noticed the strong wind warning in effect (10-15 knts increasing to 20). Would it be too much of a battle in a 17 footer? Any input/opinions appreciated

Thanks

We tried this morning. Coming out of the south arm around the lighthouse we where greeted by 1m waves. Pretty nasty out there. But if you look at the Howe sound report winds are going to be light in the morning. The wind warning just ended for the straight. We might give it another try in the morning.

He said something earlier about an unfriendly rock he met. RIP lower unit.

I've been there was actually getting towed on a wakeboard when it happened.

Came out of the North Arm to see 3 to 4 footers. New it was going to be rough but I thought I would give it a try. 100 metres out of the river said enough of this and turned around. Went for a cruise up the river and back and called it a day

fished west bowen yesterday, didnt feel like pounding the hump...1 undersize at hutt island

today braved the hump..wind/waves not bad in the morning started picking up around 11am started to pick up. I pulled the pin around 11... not a sniff

He said something earlier about an unfriendly rock he met. RIP lower unit.

I've been there was actually getting towed on a wakeboard when it happened.[/QUOte

Sounds about right.... I was just teasing him a little..... If he told the story to you .... its pretty funny... in a way in which of course I wish on no one.... But when he is telling story there all pretty funny.. :)

hey guys, wanting to head out tomorrow morning with my dad in a 17ft double eagle. I noticed the strong wind warning in effect (10-15 knts increasing to 20). Would it be too much of a battle in a 17 footer? Any input/opinions appreciated

Thanks

I'm going to head out tomorrow also, but I will be aloner out there. I also have a 17' DE. It looks OK in the morning.

steve and 23lb spring 054.jpgsteve and 23lb spring 057.jpgsteve and 23lb spring 061.jpgWe got out to the hump around 630 and nothing but some bumpy fishing until at about 945 my rod starts banging. finally a good hit on my new boat (new to me). after all the money of new electrics, lowrance elite 7 and new rods and reels we finally got some nice action. So I grabbed the rod and went to set the hook and a big bang, my new fenwick hmx snapped in 4 pieces and slid down the line so it was just me and my reel fighting the fish. After about 15 min we were able to get this 23lb red spring on the boat. Wow. Anyhow switched rods and kept fishing and got one hit we never saw but the bait had a big chomp out of it. Green jellyfish flasher with green glow teaser head at 82 feet. the last pic is of my 10 day old baby boy. Hopefully another fisherman in the family!!!

Cannibal chris

Nice fish Chris! Congrats on the boy too. Mine is still a couple of months out, start them early. I heard the winning fish in the derby was a 24lb.

Great job and story Chris. I have heard good things, but haven't seen many about the Fenwicks. Guides busting, butts falling off, and now, snapping in 4! I hear they have good warranty though.

Jealous of anyone out there today!

That fish is deep! Nice one. Was the fish off the clip when you set the hook? Must have been for that size. Do you have other Fenwicks and if so, have you experienced issues with them?

Thanks boys. funny story.... the fish was off the clip but I did not realize that as I got the rod on the first bounce. I have my clips set so it takes about 9lbs of force to pull the pin. So I thought the fish was on the clip and gave her a descent pop and oh my she popped all right....right into 4. It was the first fish on the new trophy tyee reels with the fenwick hmx rod. My fishing bud has the exact same set up but hasn't had a hit yet. That being said I really don't think that should have happened but it did. No worries though because of my net man working the kicker in and out of neutral to keep just the right amount of tension on the line as I battled the fish and then netting her at just the right time. What a day!!!

Cannibal chris

Fished the hump today, got 2, 1 was a 20 lb 2 oz marbled good for 3rd place in the derby, the other was an 8 lb white, both on anchovie at 92 ft

We were out from 9 am till 4 pm in the vicinity of the hump. Lost two early on before landing a 20.5 lb marble. Green glow hoochie at 153 was the ticket.

Headed out for a quick fish around 4 tonight . Dropped the lines in at the QA and headed on a tack towards the hump.. Hit a 12lber as we neared the hump. Re-set the gear and spun around and bam same rod pounding away.. After a little bit of a gong show(broken side window on the cabin) we had a beauty 18lb red in the box and bleeding feet and arms from the glass. Both fish on chovy's @ 135'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back