2013 Summer Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

There has been lots and lots of fish on the beach. Lots of people limiting out .We fished Tuesday and today limits both days at the rock pile. They are all cookie cutter mid to late teens. It is also busy.Very proud of my wife today.We had a double header and she landed hers all by herself then landed mine..

My buddy just showed me a picture of a family member of his that caught a 50lb spring in Renfrew last week. Their regulars their so I'm sure it must of got posted on the fish board..
surprised there's not more chatter about that fish on here.....

Should be fun

Looking forward to it we will be out on our annual charter next weekend next Sat.... Not bringing the boat this time... BTW How is the bank right now...

It was great for us last week. Limits of nice size springs, many 20 to 29lbs. Hali limits too, Up to 48 lbs. Some of the best fishing I've seen out there for size. Only one coho though, which was kinda strange. That should change.
Let us know how you make out. I would go back if it is still good.
We were fishing the last day for springs with my bro and I getting double header of 28 for me then his comes in at 29lbs to win our 20$/head biggest spring derby. The lucky egg sucking hound dog. ( Ya, no hard feelings here ;) )
Good Luck.

The water was like **** on a plate today ... awesome weather ... fishing was even more awesome ... worked for the first 2 ... finished off with a double header ..

Spent last two days up in Renfrew, fished Camper the whole time, had a great time! Nothing super large but lots of action and calm waters.

Good to see the fish are still coming in. I'm flying out Wednesday morning with some guys from work for the week. Any other reports from the weekend on the beach and the bank?

Greg

Bank is slowing down a bit, still good days out there but mixed in with some pretty slow(er) ones. Depends on what you consider good but it's no longer that simple to limit 4 guys out on springs. Coho are getting larger and on some days are all over the place. Hali has remained fairly consistent, fish seem a bit smaller at the ranch but guys are still getting some nice ones on the pick on the north side of the bank and farther west.

Just came home from two days....all "fishing the beach". Logan did very well on Monday, everyone but me caught chinook between Logan and Walbran , so I went out and did well on coho and 5 Lb. feeder chinook ( to me the best eating) but today Camper was " on fire) with some guide boats limiting out for their clients quite early...I was at Logan to Walbran ( glutton for punishment) but was done for chinook in 1 hour ! All the fish are very close to shore, up against the kelp beds in 40 to 50 feet of water, not large...mine were 15 and 22 lbs. Everyone going out comes back happy and carrying fish.

Where are you pulling that from kingspring the anus of some DFO employee?

Halibut will remain open during the fall this year or the SFAB has failed big time. The slot limit was supposed to extend the season we already lost two weeks in march.

Sounding great for the coho derby this year in renfrew. Last year was non stop action hopefully this year is the same with more fish that are of the large variety.

I called that one in March. DFO was going to shut it down in early September no matter what so we should never have come up with that slot limit. Never helped at all

I am hoping that it stays open for a few weeks into September. Want to try to get a few... When is the Coho derby, might be interested this year. Hear that there are some big ones in Sept/oct and since I am now a retired teacher I will be able to stay out longer and go for some...

I believe the PRM coho derby is October 5th and 6th - first weekend in October this year.

Winner take all no wind up or draws to take up time on Sunday. Win or go home!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back