Halibut Swiftsure Video, Springs and Slow Pitch Jigging

not the reason we have a max size limit but i'll let that one go.

nice video

Had a great day out at Swiftsure this summer and broke it into 3 videos, a 5, 3 a 2-minute video. If you could watch it to the end, subscribe and click on the next one it would really help the channel. This year I have a new camera setup to capture the take, so videos will only get better.
Pacific Halibut change sex? I knew the larger ones were females but assumed it was simply a growth pattern that happened at a certain age?

Pacific Halibut change sex? I knew the larger ones were females but assumed it was simply a growth pattern that happened at a certain age?
People are saying.... I have seen it written and argued about, but I need to sit down and have a beer with my old skipper, a marine biologist who was on the Pacific halibut commission board for decades.

I googled it and couldn't find a reputable source, so I could be wrong.

People are saying.... I have seen it written and argued about, but I need to sit down and have a beer with my old skipper, a marine biologist who was on the Pacific halibut commission board for decades.

I googled it and couldn't find a reputable source, so I could be wrong.
Be great to hear his take on it. All the info I could find with a quick google seemed to indicate it was simply a growth gene. I did see one example where it was claimed a sex change happens ( unknown validity), but all the scientific papers seemed to indicate males and females aged together.

Back