2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

flasher 003.jpgflasher 002.jpghey captain party, we were using a super betsy flasher. this is it.

zzzipo,, probably ten other boats and dint see a sniff....some good rollers today.. trolled the flood at the cap... pink apts for a hit nrun then out to and around the freighters toward atkinson...

Was out at cap today, lot of boats for a weekday! Must have been 15-20. Got out there later than we wanted to.Released a spring and missed a few hits, certainly nothing crazy. Saw 4-5 fish boated, all on the tide. Was running chovys and herring, had all our action running tight to bottom, might try Friday as the morning flood will be a little later.
Anyone fished south arm/sand heads lately?

Fished in the shallows off pink apartments this afternoon for a couple hours. Went 2 for 4 landing one 12lb spring and a 5lb hatch coho. Lost the other two right at the boat trying to net, hold the damn 7ft leaders with my boat crashing around in the waves! Lot's of fun.

All my hits were at 13ft in 20ft of water. Yeah 13ft, you had about 10 seconds after the fish hit before it was at the surface thrashing and rolling. Pretty fun fishery, different than most I've experienced. Big hard hits when you are that shallow. Some nice big cohos jumping and I think I saw a chum surface next to my boat.

Anchovies, 7' leader, green/gold flasher, 20' behind the rigger and 13' down.

we were out this afternoon and landed 3 hatchery coho and released a small spring and a small coho and had a big hit from a very strong fish but never got to set the hook and he was off in less than 30 seconds. ouch it hurt as those are the fish we want. lost a nice one sat and now one on wed started to get me wondering if im ever gonna land another nice spring this season. oh well i will be out on fri after work to try my luck again. all on chovies with a gold betsy flasher an a regulr betsy with army truck and chrome teasers. all by the pink apt

Thanks for the reports. This is my first year fishing the cap, I have been out twice and have only gotten a small spring which was released. I am hoping to get out and try again this weekend. In the flats by the pink apartments are you trolling relatively fast as see most boats doing or are you trolling slow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reports. This my first year fishing the cap, I have been out twice and have only had a small spring which was released. I am hoping to get out and try again this weekend. In the flats by the pink apartments are you trolling relatively fast as see most boats doing or are you trolling slow?

I left my motor at the same speed both with the tide and against it. With tide was about 3mph, against about 1.5mph. Most hits were against the tide or on turns for me. Try a long leader 7ft worked for me.

You going out friday there trendsetter? Thinking about going out for the morning flood and giving it a crack.

Hey Hippaisland, I'll be there tomorrow at first light. I fished there today from 8am til about 1:30. Nothing for us but witnessed five nice springs netted by others at the high slack, close to the cap mouth.
Cheers

You going out friday there trendsetter? Thinking about going out for the morning flood and giving it a crack.

Was out there this afternoon with Finished Business for a few hours but not a sniff. Lots of jumpers again but they weren't interested. Didn't see anything landed off the pink apartments from 3:45-6:45.

Probably won't be out there again until sunday but good luck guys.

Just got a report from off the Cap from Comfort Zone....fishing is slow with little action, the bright side is there is a boat with 6 naked girls FISHING off West Van...they were spotted jigging off the pink apartment on a wakeboard boat....I hope they were following the regs ;) haha

Get out there you pervs!!

Just got a report from off the Cap from Comfort Zone....fishing is slow with little action, the bright side is there is a boat with 6 naked girls FISHING off West Van...they were spotted jigging off the pink apartment on a wakeboard boat....I hope they were following the regs ;) haha

pics or this did not happen

Every year there is a boat of naked girls fishing.lol Cause thats what naked girls do.:D

Fished the south arm yesterday for the flood. 1 wild coho and a couple of shakers for us, lots of dogs jumping but no takers. Fished chovies in the mud for a good portion and out to 150'.

Time to go deer hunting till some bugging and crabbing in a couple of months...

Cheers,

Getbent

Went out Friday fished pink apartment first light until 10 landed one nice clipped coho on the gold Betsy anchovy setup at 13'(thanks Canon Ball Chris) 10-1 down at the cap without a hit counted 35 boats saw half a dozen landed nothing huge. Not great fishing but you can't do better with the weather!

Is this October or July ?

Had a great day on the water yesterday. Left Horseshoe Bay at 6:45 am, in the dark, headed for the cap to fish first light on a flood.The fishing was red hot between 8:30 til 10:00. It seems eveyone was playing a fish during the bite.Witnessed a tyee, boated beside us, while we netted an 11lb white spring.As you can see by the photo, lots of competition.

Attachments

• the competition 3.jpg
    the competition 3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 230
  • six eighteen am.jpg
    six eighteen am.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Salty Dawg Oct. 5 2012.jpg
    Salty Dawg Oct. 5 2012.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 279
Back