2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Hey Blackmax the water was FLAT AS GLASS today and I seen a ton of fish off the green marker but someone must has put clamps on the Salmon because all I got was a 12 lb Wild Coho (which was released) . Later went to the t10 and couldnt find a fish , you'd almost think the Black Fish were camping out at t10 but they were nowhere to be found as well. I dont want to steal Morganics thunder so I will let him post his sucess out at the South Arm today on his own. Great day for a run eh Morganic (heres a pic of the water and Morganics boat , it really a rocket forsure !)

MorgansboatSept2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yes a beauty day on water. took day off work to go fishing at the cap but ran into survivor leaving middle arm and he said he was off to sandheads. having never fished there decided to follow him thereas i hadno idea about the area. started off well and before fourth rod down had a big wild coho to boat which was released. caught bottom when the ocean floor went from 90 to 40ft really quick. after getting gear back and losing teaser head reset and hooked a good fish im sure was a spring. had to kind of horse it in cuz of the 4 seals that we'd seen lurking about spat the hook as we were getting ready to net. slowed down aftyer that and trolled our way to t10. had hit that i yanked right out of fishes mouth and another that a seal took within 5 seconds of pop off. water was glass flat. called in to work today so will be out this afternoon in a buddys boat at the cap. will report

^ thanks for the report. will try tomorrow going to give it another shot. got the boat in for some upgrades especially around the dash lost my smokes and knife damn lip gos all around and out the side of the boat!

Where to?

Hey there guys and girls, new to the forums but not to saltwater. Thinking of heading out Wednesday morning for the flood, any idea what it's been like at the cap vs sand heads? Any info would be appreciated and I'll give an update after Wednesday.

"Balls deep!"

I am going to try the ferry slip to coal dock area on the weekend, heard there are coho hanging down there.

I'm usually out in Tsawwassen so let me know how it goes! Used to fish the port all the time as a kid. Scrapping the tips along the freighters.

Thanks Ian,
London is pretty far away!
Just so everybody knows north arm of Fraser is windy!!!!!

we were out fishing this morning off the pink apt and had 8 hook ups with a couple jacks and wild coho. kept a nice 15lb spring and a real nice hatchery coho. lost a nice spring around 20lbs and one we didnt get to see when the leader broke.fish 666 015.jpg

Canso,

Where abouts in white rock. I keep my boat at the pier. Got a small hatchery coho last week in channel towards nicomekel river.

Back