15 lb cannonball's

scott craven

I'm interested to know if many of you are using 15lb balls
for winter fishing ?
A heavier weight might help the "blowback" when fishing depths of 150-200' in the winter.

yep

Gee, rather obvious what one might use a 30 pound ball to do at 300 feet...perhaps Halibut? I would call that innovative, and the rest of us who question experimentation as a little set in our ways.....or Dino's :D

gentle on the breaks and you will have no probs with burnout.. Regular checks will also keep a piece of mind.. As RVP said, the chartreusse in dirty water and the glo in clear water make a huge difference..dirty;)

quote:Originally posted by UNKNOWN

...we use 15 and 20's. I am working on a way to run 30's on sport gear, via additional blocks...with multiple line runs, I am positive that it will work. We'll be playing this out over the winter.

- UNKNOWN -

20's are overkill theres no point of fishing salmon at 300ft+....30lb balls, lmao.

I More important than anything is decent power wire. I mean BIG stuff, I run 8 guage to my riggers, if you look at voltage drop tables, the 12-14 guage crap they reccommend does not cut it. By the time you get salt and crap in the connections you need big fat wire.

That being said, I think I may try 20's, SIR fished with them. I'm more worred about the side of the boat then the riggers, I definatley would not do it with the booms out.

Hmmm. Maybe something to try this weekend. If anyone hears me swearing and looking for a fiberglass guy to patch the side of my boat, you'll know it was too much.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Fellas

Voltage drop is mostly based on length , obviously , I use a good quality 12 gauge , less than 6 feet to my power source , no issues , i run 15's all year , pullin up some hefty pots to boot , Your Conns , they should be coated with a Quality Electronic Contact Product , or , somthing as simple as Vaseline , I have a Voltage Drop Calculation from my Electrical Code Book , for those that have some longer runs to tend with . Scotty conns are not the best either , believe there only rated at 20 amp , as well as the cord supplied on the Rigger , these should be sized properly as well ,Honestly , in most Rec Boats , you probabally don't need larger the a 10 Gauge ( 30 amp ). Email me if ya have any questions.

FD...;)

Felix Kosi
Pro-Line Electric
Office: 604 291-9971
Fax: 604 291-9902
Cell: 604 802-9971
kosi99@telus.net

kosi99@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

I fish 30's But they suck! I know what you are wanting to do ;) The hard part is getting the line to stay in the clips. You have to run multiple clips.
Any kind of shallow fishing the gear they hang too straight and the bow in the mono makes it really hard to hang onto fish once they trip

Back