Search results

1. Dixsea

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Great map! Many thanks. Does anyone know if a larger version is available that includes the Vancouver Island areas?
  2. Dixsea

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I’ve lost count of the number of counters I’ve replaced. I do find the cloth covers help a lot. But seriously Scotty needs to have better solution.
  3. Dixsea

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Uniquely American using double action four to one retrieve reels ;) Super nice fish and very interesting herring teaser.
  4. Dixsea

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

RIP Dave Steele Highwater Tackle. One of the best guys and one of the staunchest advocates for our fishing rights in BC. Sincere condolences. He will be sadly missed.
  5. Dixsea

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I've been on the water here my whole life and have never seen more Orcas and dolphins in our local waters.
  6. Dixsea

2021 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Anyone tried Mill Bay area for fish??
  7. Dixsea

If any of you guys are out and see my boat the Sydfishes, 26.5 striper and wave and I don't wave back, it's because I'm not on board. We sold the boat. Too much uncertainty with the fishing. We have a smaller boat on the island and will do our prawning, crabbing and whatever fishing we can...
  8. Dixsea

Out yesterday off Cowans between 9:30 and 12:30 we had 12 springs to the boat. One wild, all the rest hatchery. All over 10lbs with several close to 15. All caught around 120' most on Herring aide.
  9. Dixsea

Out today for just a few hours off Cowans. Tons of bait. Had 3 beautiful fish to the boat, all hatchery. 10-15lbs. Caught from 60 - 120ft. Simply ridiculous that one of those couldn't have been kept for the BBQ. DFO is a farce!
  10. Dixsea

I reported these guys before and waited for a couple of hours for DFO to respond. They finally headed off up the north and and I couldn't pursue. I called to advise DFO. I eventually left the area and several hours later DFO called to ask if they were still there. Duh. Hard to understand that in...
  11. Dixsea

People setting gear on top of others is the worst etiquette of all. How completely ignorant are these people. BTW you may find you need to upgrade your wire gauge and fuses for the new Ace. I did.
  12. Dixsea

fished the falls yesterday from 9-1. Fished bottom on the 170' contour. One double header and 2 others to the boat. All just under. Beauty day.
  13. Dixsea

Wrist rocket on board. Very handy, very cheap, very fun and very effective.
  14. Dixsea

That sucks. Where around Bowen did it happen?
  15. Dixsea

Out yesterday at the falls. Immediately hooked into a double header at 165 on Herring aide, 30 minutes later into another one. All unders and that was the end of the action for the rest of the day. Disappointing prawning, can’t seem to find the hot spot.
  16. Dixsea

Directly across from the marker south of Hutt Island. Back side of Bowan.
  17. Dixsea

Out Monday at Tunstall one nice keeper and 5 nice dungys. Out again today, started at Grace with no love. Moved to the Falls and had lots of action. One keeper, one released and 2 more non stickers. 4 more nice crab and about 50 prawns. All the hits were at 165 on a herring aid. The water on...
  18. Dixsea

I was golfing today and it was glorious. I imagine equally glorious on the water. Where are all the pics and posts?
  19. Dixsea

I experienced the same thing and change wire gauge and fuses. Since then no issues. The older Aces worked fine on 30amp. The new ones need more.
Back