2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was with Rarnet yesterday and thought I would add one of my photos. What an amazing day of winter fishing. Limits of Springs and crabs. It was almost like a September fishing day except for the weather. The 19 pounder was unexpected but welcomed.
nice fish were they all red springs?

I went out to Tunstall today. Managed to get one long but skinny fish. 77 cm but weighed in at 12#. Released a couple on the edge. All the hits were on a red glow flasher with the jolly rancher phat e spoon. Vs black flasher with a favorite ap spoon. Off the bottom. The fish had an 10inch snake/leach like creature stuck to its side. Anyone seen that before?. We also got a bundle of prawns.

Attachments

• 20230212_164514.jpg
    20230212_164514.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 151
I went out to Tunstall today. Managed to get one long but skinny fish. 77 cm but weighed in at 12#. Released a couple on the edge. All the hits were on a red glow flasher with the jolly rancher phat e spoon. Vs black flasher with a favorite ap spoon. Off the bottom. The fish had an 10inch snake/leach like creature stuck to its side. Anyone seen that before?. We also got a bundle of prawns.
Maybe a lamprey eel hitched on for a ride ?

Went to launch at Rocky Point yesterday, didn’t know it was closed until the 17th, so headed over to Cates. Dropped lines at Grace, one downrigger counter not working again, so frustrating, this will be my 4th counter on my 2106B’s since 2019. nice fish on first pass, jumped 20 feet from boat, spit the hook, winked at me and said goodbye.
Lots of bait around, no keepers in the crab trap. All and all, Nice day on the water with wife and kids.

Went to launch at Rocky Point yesterday, didn’t know it was closed until the 17th, so headed over to Cates. Dropped lines at Grace, one downrigger counter not working again, so frustrating, this will be my 4th counter on my 2106B’s since 2019. nice fish on first pass, jumped 20 feet from boat, spit the hook, winked at me and said goodbye.
Lots of bait around, no keepers in the crab trap. All and all, Nice day on the water with wife and kids.
I have two spare lids with new counters in them at all times now. Frustrating.

I had some trouble with mine too, so now I carry a couple spare counters but also had a mechanical counter put in them last time I had them serviced so I’m covered on all fronts. So frustrating tho isn’t it!?

I had some trouble with mine too, so now I carry a couple spare counters but also had a mechanical counter put in them last time I had them serviced so I’m covered on all fronts. So frustrating tho isn’t it!?
I’m surprised that Scotty still hasn’t remedied this obvious flaw.

Are the one's having problems not using the canvas/cloth protective covers when moored at the dock? Is there a difference?
Yes, I noticed more failures when I forgot to put the covers on for sure.

I trailer my boat in and out after every use and my boat is parked under cover. The replacement LCD counter for my 2106Bs now runs on a single triple A battery. The first two that failed, were the old style that ran off of the main power, this 3rd one Scotty warrantied, is triple A. The (new ones) are still failing but I have to pay$100 a pop now instead of warranty because my riggers are more then 2 years old, even though this latest triple A powered LCD counter is only 11 months old and not left out in the weather. You’d think if the LCD counter is less then a year old they’d still warranty it.

I trailer my boat in and out after every use and my boat is parked under cover. The replacement LCD counter for my 2106Bs now runs on a single triple A battery. The first two that failed, were the old style that ran off of the main power, this 3rd one Scotty warrantied, is triple A. The (new ones) are still failing but I have to pay$100 a pop now instead of warranty because my riggers are more then 2 years old, even though this latest triple A powered LCD counter is only 11 months old and not left out in the weather. You’d think if the LCD counter is less then a year old they’d still warranty it.
They sent me a new one when the triple A one died and that was after almost a year. They only asked about the S/N on the broken counter. It only takes a couple of days of fishing in the rain for the counter to crap out. Such a weak link for an otherwise great product. Back to the reports now….

They sent me a new one when the triple A one died and that was after almost a year. They only asked about the S/N on the broken counter. It only takes a couple of days of fishing in the rain for the counter to crap out. Such a weak link for an otherwise great product. Back to the reports now….
Same. I bought a new lid with counter and they warranty based on the lid date. I've now had three warranty ones and two I just purchased myself. That's over 5 years.

I’ve lost count of the number of counters I’ve replaced. I do find the cloth covers help a lot. But seriously Scotty needs to have better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back