Search results

1. D

nascar

Been a fan for years but they have totally blown it in my eyes. After 12 races, Edwards and Stewart are tied at 2403 points but they give the championship to Stewart because he won the last race. In soccer they often have the championship decided by a two game total goal system. If each team...
  2. D

help please

For some reason my unread posts are no longer in heavy text and makes it difficult to distinguish from those already read. Can`t find anything in settings referring to this. Any help much appreciated. Tks
  3. D

looking for advice

2 years ago we did the Nootka trip and had moderate success. Last year we did the Telegraph Cove trip and it was BAD ! Couple of small 10 lb halis and some sea bass and a nice yellow eye but that was it. Also got there in time for some horrendous tides. We are limited to one trip over from the...
  4. D

PM`s

Ok, not the brightest bulb in the package. Can someone tell me how to send personal messages on this forum?[:I]
  5. D

Telegraph Cove in July?

Well, 12 of us have booked 5 days the first week of July so here`s hoping that this year it turns out to be good. Being from the lower mainland, it is our one trip of the year to the island . Hauling up 4 boats, all between 21-24 feet so am a bit curious as to what the road is like beyond CR...
  6. D

Loran

Anyone out there who is familiar with the Lowrance LMS 150. Got one thrown in with the deal when I bought my boat and have got everything working as far as depth, speed and water temperature is concerned but can`t for the life of me, figure out how to use the loran. Also wondering if the network...
  7. D

Mildew

Had to head away for a while and hastily covered up boat with large tarp. Came back to a fairly major condensation problem and telltale black spots of mildew has formed. What is the best product for removing without harming vinyl components? Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestion !!
  8. D

Bait Fishing

I have been on two trips to Langara Fishing Camp and up there, they use cut plug herring exclusively, trolled with 6 or 8 oz`s of weight and very slow. Everyone is told that the best way to catch springs is a very slow troll. They work at 30 to 40 pulls and try to keep the lines running at 45...
  9. D

Pda Gps Software

Have an Inview N911 pda( with gps ) with all of NA road maps and streets but looking for software for use in BC westcoast waters. Anyone using a similar unit and who might have some info, would appreciate any help I can get. Tks!
  10. D

`Tis The Season

I`d like to take this opportunity to wish everyone here a Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year and thank everyone for a very entertaining forum.
  11. D

Weird to say the least

Was out cruising around Burrard Inlet on saturday after dropping a couple crab traps and a prawn trap up Indian Arm. Happened to see a boat sitting at the mouth of the Seymour so got out the glasses to see what they were up to. This is where it gets wierd.Three guys in about a 14 foot runabout...
Back