nascar

Despy

Been a fan for years but they have totally blown it in my eyes. After 12 races, Edwards and Stewart are tied at 2403 points but they give the championship to Stewart because he won the last race.
In soccer they often have the championship decided by a two game total goal system. If each team won 3-2 it would be a 5-5 tie. They don`t give the championship to the team to win the last goal, they play overtime.

I have been fan since they first started showing parts of the races on the "Wide World Of Sports". The racing has gone down hill since the death of Dale Earnhardt. Nascar has totally forgotten the fans that made the sport what it was, with all the Hollywood crap that they have added. Half the time you can't see the race for all the crap on the TV. Some of the other crap like the Kyle Bush-league penally,he should have been parked for the rest of the year. As far as the championship goes the tied has to be broken somehow and NASCAR as decided that this is the way. I may be wrong but I believe this has always been the way. Congratulations to Smoke he did what he had to win the championship. I was pulling for Edwards as he is a class act and I think he would have been a great spokesman for the sport.

first off the chase is only the final 10 races, and isnt the 1st tie breaker in most sports most wins? smoke has 5 wins including today edwards has 1 win therefore smoke is champ!!!! looks like nascar got it right

Not saying the right person didn`t win. Smoke probably deserved the championship based on total wins but they gave it to him for winning the LAST race which is a bs way to decide it .What if Carl would have had more wins and let the tie be decided based only on the fact it was the last race.

I lost interest years ago when it became obvious that no car/driver would ever be allowed to pull away from the field. If it began to happen a mysterious yellow would appear to reel him back to the pack. Oh its debris on the track, even if it has to be a candy bar wrapper. Not racing in my mind.

wow despy you just dont get it do you!!

2x Rook. Despy, Tony Stewart didn't win the the championship because he won the last race [although the last race gave him his 5th win of the season]. He won because Nascar rules state that if there is a tie of the total points scored at the end of the season that the tie will be decided on who has the most wins over the course of the season. Tony 5 Carl 1. = Tony Wins!

Back