Search results

1. Unreel

Bertram 28 Flybridge

Well it pains me to put my dream boat up for sale but unfortunately it just doesn't fit with my plans and the boat is just sitting and taking up driveway space. Its a 1978 Bertram Flybridge Cruiser. I had planned to pod this and put a couple used 225-300's on it but I just don't think it will...
  2. Unreel

RV Rental Experiences

Curious if anyone here rents their rv out either directly or on the rental apps Rveasy or other platforms?
  3. Unreel

Guide licensing

Anyone hear of anything coming down the pipe from dfo for registering or licensing saltwater guides?
  4. Unreel

Leaking deck plates

Anyone have any fixes or recommends for screw in deck plates that don't leak horribly? I replaced a couple old ones with the ones with a rubber gasket but they leak like a sieve too.
  5. Unreel

Licence system down?

Has anyone tried to get a licence since the government strike started? Had clients try today and the payment wouldn't go through even with regular credit cards.
  6. Unreel

Spam / Scam private messages

Has anyone else had private messages sent to them in regards to something you have posted in the buy sell thread from new or guest accounts with a email to contact them? I've had this twice now in response to an item i have listed in the buy sell. Anyone else getting these messages? I am...
  7. Unreel

Grady hull issues

Trying to determine what the issue is with this hull. At first I thought it was heavy oxidation but don’t think so the more I’ve looked at it. Usually oxidation is dull and chalky. This dark stuff flakes off if you scrape it with your nail. Any ideas?
  8. Unreel

Wanted: Inboard exhaust Y connector

Trying to avoid buying new for my project. Looking for one or 2 Y collector's like the one in the picture that is 4x4x5". Either cast or fibreglass.
  9. Unreel

Fuel tank replacement

Well it looks like my built in tank in my 2470 has a leak, so will be looking to have it pulled and replaced. Anyone around Nanaimo or the central island that builds aluminum tanks and or does installs? Luckily theres a removable hatch over the tank but the great pursuit engineers decided to...
  10. Unreel

Pod builders and cost

I know there's been a number of guys on here that have had pods built for their rigs. Has anyone had one done recently? Wondering if costs have gone up much due to covid greed/inflation. Considering taking the plunge on my Bert and know the transom would need beefing up, so would be interested...
  11. Unreel

Seastar Tournament Steering Ram Problems

Anybody have issues with this model of steering ram for outboards? I Have been losing steering power lately and have to continue turning the wheel to hold a turn. Can also move the outboard side to side by hand. Have bled the entire system and no change. Also sounds like seastar had problems...
  12. Unreel

Vessel capsized off west coast

Anybody have anymore details?? Hoping they find the last person. https://www.cheknews.ca/1-missing-2-rescued-after-vessel-capsizes-near-vancouver-island-1033533/
  13. Unreel

Pt/On call Guide wanted in Nanaimo

I’m looking for a pt/on call guide to work out of Nanaimo this summer. I’m expecting a very busy year and looking for someone that could be available on fairly short notice so you would have to have pretty open availability. We get a lot of last minute booking requests as we see a lot of...
  14. Unreel

36’ Boathouse for rent in Nanaimo

Looking to rent my 36’ x 15’ boathouse in Nanaimo at the Palms Marina for the fall, winter. Would be available in October till April or May of next year. Bit flexible on those dates. Power, water, shore power available. Cost is $550 per month not including hydro.
  15. Unreel

Capsized Charter Boat leads to Multiple Fatalities

This is so hard to hear. Condolences to the family of the 2 from Victoria and the guide of the boat. If I recall it was just last year another charter boat sank in that same area of Bella coola. https://globalnews.ca/news/8114614/bella-coola-river-capsizing-victims-identified/
  16. Unreel

Charter boat stolen from Comox marina

Some pieces of filth stole Steve’s Pursuit 2470 from the comox marina last night. Being shared on fb. It may be on a trailer now as a truck and trailer were stolen from port Alberni last night too. Keep a look out very recognizable boat, yam 300 on it.
  17. Unreel

Hatchery chinook Heads during slot limits

So most areas right now have the slot limit with 80cm being the max. As I read the regs, when there is a maximum size limit the head must remain attached until your at your residence. So with that, how many hatchery chinook heads are not making it to the recovery freezers!? You’d think a massive...
  18. Unreel

DFO's own scientist's are being ignored

Heres an op ed in regards to fish farms and how the governments own scientists are being ignored by top levels of Dfo. If this doesn't make your blood boil i don't know what will. Not only are findings being ignored but they aren't even being passed on to the fisheries minister. This is a...
  19. Unreel

Suzuki Df300 acceleration issue

So I've been having a very specific issue with my 2015 300 last season. The engine will stop gaining rpm around 3800-4000 after getting on plane and the fuel economy drops significantly. You can tell the motor is more "under load" is the best way to describe it. I have to continue advancing the...
  20. Unreel

Mortgage rates on the rise as lending rates are cut

Well it was nice while it lasted but now banks are raising their mortgage rates even as the Boc is cutting the lending rate. Whats the use of cutting rates if banks do whatever they want and don't pass on the savings? Td rates for 5 year went from 2.69 to 3%. Gotta love these big banks...
Back