DFO's own scientist's are being ignored

Unreel

Heres an op ed in regards to fish farms and how the governments own scientists are being ignored by top levels of Dfo. If this doesn't make your blood boil i don't know what will. Not only are findings being ignored but they aren't even being passed on to the fisheries minister. This is a complete and utter failure by DFO to act in the best interest of wild salmon and instead act on behalf of the fish farms giving them "heads up" about damning findings from DFO and Pacific Salmon Foundation scientists. This isn't just about fish farms, but shows that information is not being given to the fisheries minister. How can this minister make decisions on restrictions when information from DFO isnt even being given to her!! If it doesnt show the article try refreshing the page.

Heres an op ed in regards to fish farms and how the governments own scientists are being ignored by top levels of Dfo. If this doesn't make your blood boil i don't know what will. Not only are findings being ignored but they aren't even being passed on to the fisheries minister. This is a complete and utter failure by DFO to act in the best interest of wild salmon and instead act on behalf of the fish farms giving them "heads up" about damning findings from DFO and Pacific Salmon Foundation scientists. This isn't just about fish farms, but shows that information is not being given to the fisheries minister. How can this minister make decisions on restrictions when information from DFO isnt even being given to her!! If it doesnt show the article try refreshing the page.

So nice to see the truth finally coming out. Just hope it’s not too late.

I believe the Minister only sees (and does) what the permanent Ottawa DFO staffers tell her. I also believe those staffers and senior bureaucrats are mainly interested in protecting their own careers and don't want past mistakes coming out.

You hit the nail on the head, Morty. Crooks @ the upper levels. Been saying that same thing since 2011 or before on this forum:

Back