1. Kristo

Albemarle

Sold very quickly with broker...sad to see it go...great boat
  2. Kristo

Albemarle

Thanks for looking ...going to broker
  3. Kristo

Arctic Char

River fishing on rivers that flow into the Arctic ocean is a great experience. The wild sea run fish are excellent eating. There are still some travel restrictions in place. Quite pricy unless you were going to be close to the Arctic Ocean. Cambridge Bay has a commercial fishery through the...
  4. Kristo

Good upholstery guy near mission

I was also pleased with her work...good value
  5. Kristo

Transducer aging.

So I replaced the 20 year old B744 with a new B60 and am pleased with the results. On the first outing the 50khz side is now useable and the 200khz was showing arcs at 200 ft which I never experienced before.
  6. Kristo

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished the harbour yesterday...lts of bait around in the 150 to 180 ft range. Lost 2 keepers to seals and released one undersize.
  7. Kristo

Wanted v/p duoprops

I'm looking for a set of spares c3 preferably although would consider aluminum
  8. Kristo

Tell Your Best Joke

Trump dies from the virus. He goes to Hell where the Devil is waiting for him. "I don't know what to do," says the Devil. "You're on my list but I have no room for you. But you definitely have to stay here, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I've got three people here who weren't quite as...
  9. Kristo

Boat Transport to West Coast

Thanks...much appreciated !!!!!!!!
  10. Kristo

Tips for building a new house

Choose a good general contractor... forget about doing it it yourself.....for a multitude of reasons.
  11. Kristo

Boat Transport to West Coast

Thinking of having my boat towed to Alberni from Nanaimo this summer for a few weeks in July. Any recommendations for hauling, accommodation, moorage etc in and around Bamfield. Boat is 28 Albemarle no trailer. Appreciate any suggestions or alternatives.
  12. Kristo

Water in fuel tank

Good info here but hopefully the o/p wasn't holding his breath for an answer from July 2017 ;-) If your filler cap has o-rings check condition and multi stage fuel filtering is a good thing.
  13. Kristo

Seadek

I found that black rubber matting tended to stain the fiberglass and track through the boat. Perhaps pvc or vinyl matting might be the answer if it isn't slippy and doesnt stain
  14. Kristo

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year....enjoy every day...tight lines
  15. Kristo

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Almost every report lately mentions seals stealing fish.. the seas are overrun with them...there needs to be a bounty on seals. GNWT has wolf bounty...they know that they need to cull them. https://www.enr.gov.nt.ca/en/services/enhanced-north-slave-wolf-harvest-incentive-program
  16. Kristo

You are probably correct... but in the past when I have been sealed whiskers comes to surface at some point with my fish in his mouth to gloat.
  17. Kristo

Saturday... spent a pleasant day on the water by the freighters. Was fishing in about 200 ft of water on the bottom and had a solid hookup with a good fish and after about 20 seconds Mr, whisker decided he needed the fish more than me and the tug of war started. After a few minutes of...
  18. Kristo

Transducer aging.

I have a B744 transducer that is 20 years old installed on a Simrad Evo 2 and it doesnt seem to be working as well as what I think it should. Airmar says that transducers can lose power as they age die to the element changing electrically. Sound reasonable? I fish and prawn locally mostly around...
  19. Kristo

Boat cabin heater

I like the little Chinese diesel heater I installed last year.
Back