Seadek

ziggy

Anyone used it? Know where to purchase on the Southern Island?

I was dealing with the Rep a few years ago. I was setup for a dealer. It is not cheap and more catered towards boat builders. The pricing may have changed however it was nominally about 100 bucks a square foot. It's a lengthy installation and process. It's very custom. They have alot of newer products now since I have dealt with them however I have not used their products in a few years. Nice stuff just pricey.

I priced some out from a company in Kelowna called "Ultradeck"(not seadeck) but same product and it worked out to 20 Sq. Ft @ $780 w/shipping and tax.So about $40 per Sq.Ft..There are lots of companies selling it now,Trotac has a few pieces but I was told they won't be bringing in more.Mine was a simple order,so price would go up with a more custom job.

Yeah I'm a dealer for Ultradeck as well. They have similar products. I cantvremember but I think Ultradek was basically the Canadian distribution for seadek a long time ago.

The custom jobs that are a permanent installation that have borders, are a 3 step process. Template, manufacture and custom make to fit template, then installation onto boat. Its alot of work. I remember 100 bucks a square foot installed was the norm a few years ago. They might have different products now.

i bought mine on ebay. 4 rolls of eva foam (which is what seadek is) for $150. 2 cans of uline heavy duty spray adhesive and youre good. just cut large chunks to fit, lay it down, trim the edges and remove the lining, spray with adhesive, wait 5 min and slap it down. then walk on it until its good for 10 mins. over time the corners will come up as water intrudes and you give it a quck shot of spray adhesive if it does, wait 5 min and put something heavy on it and its good.

I have used seadek in past. Durable stuff and great for nonslip which was primary purpose for me. It usually is half price on Black Friday on their site.

There's a big difference in the look if you do it yourself,at least if your going with the teak strip look.If you template and send it off to them they digitize your template so that it can be cut by computer driven cutter.It will have borders and miters and shaped planks with no joints that you can't do yourself.And the good stuff is thicker with self adhesive backing.

I was thinking about it for my new boat but there are lots of bad reviews on THT for the stuff, and it's not cheap!

I was thinking about it for my new boat but there are lots of bad reviews on THT for the stuff, and it's not cheap!

Honestly for fish boats rubber matting is best. Personally on my own boats I would never glue anything down to a fiberglass deck on a fish boat. For several reasons. I prefer material thicker and lays down flat on it's own.

Honestly for fish boats rubber matting is best. Personally on my own boats I would never glue anything down to a fiberglass deck on a fish boat. For several reasons. I prefer material thicker and lays down flat on it's own.
What are you using for rubber matting? I tried a couple of different types and found they either moved around too much ( I have a doghouse which could be part of the issue) or kept shedding bits of rubber.

The boat I bought recently has black rubber marks/stains all over the dance floor that I've tried everything to get out.That's why I looked into the Seadeck material,to hide it.

I was looking into getting that snow camo pattern seadek for our boat. I called pursuit to see if they could provide me the schematics of the cockpit that I could send to seadek to have it cut to size. The gentlemen from Pursuit was very adamant that I steer clear of using the product or any product like it on a Fiberglass deck. He said Pursuit was familiar with several delaminations of the Fiberglass deck as a result of using the product. My only assumption is that water would get trapped under the seadek and essentially cause gel coat blistering, which would lead to delamination after being left unattended. For those of you who may not know, gel coat is NOT waterproof/impervious to water penetration, that is why it is advised to use an epoxy barrier coat ( such as interprotect 2000) for anything below the waterline.

I agree, if I were to try and explain all the why nots on glueing something down to a fiberglass deck it would literally take me a half hour. Lol.

I have not tried this product yet but I've been eyeballing it.

I have been through a couple different flooring types in the boat of ours that has a gel coated deck. If we didnt put anything down the deck would just get destroyed. Right now we have interlocking 1/2 inch foam tiles that are cut to fit. Works well. However you have to zip tie the seems together every 6 inches or so or these come apart while working on deck. If you dont care about the anti fatigue part, there are rolls of rubber floor matting around online.

i put seadeck on my boat 5 years ago AWESOME stuff holding up great id say 2500 people on it cant complain also put it on a renny boat and still holding up

I found that black rubber matting tended to stain the fiberglass and track through the boat. Perhaps pvc or vinyl matting might be the answer if it isn't slippy and doesnt stain

The Seadek stuff looks comfy, though you can go low budget and get commercial grade black rubber kitchen mats at your local restaurant supply store. They are ~1" thick and have holes for drainage. Prices are around $70 USD for a 4' x 3' (?) mat. I put one in front of my rear helm and couple along the transom where the most traffic will be. Easy to move around, easy to clean.

One thing I love about this new deck is after standing on it all day my back sure does thank me as for the rubber mats with holes unless you clean and wash diligently they defiantly get a funky stink to them as they hold in blood, slime and alot of dirt and like others said leave marks over time. As most fishermen as soon as they hit the dock walk away from boat...

Yeah the black anti-fatigue rubber mats with the holes do not work well on a fish boat. Garbage collectors

eva foam from ebay. same stuff as seadek with same 3M self adhesive. only diff is the seadek is computer cut while this is basically cut with crab scissors.
00B0B_cfc3dIXXt7O_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

Back