Want to buy a NEW boat. Please help!

Still looking. I don't think the northcoast is the right boat for me. Looking at the steiger craft 23 Miami which was recommended from members on this thread. From the web, it fits many of my requirements. No local dealers. Anyone have one?

Is there a Parker dealer on the west coast? Is that 23’ enough of a walk around and cabin for you? That 23 has an amazing dance floor. One of my all-time favorites.

Cannot recall if you wanted to stand up head or not. Plus, I’m trying to stick to fiberglass responses as per your repeated intention. Lol.

I don't think he will like the down east style boats. They have a low freeboard. My northcoast is the same just better built then the parkers. Nicer finish on almost every level. We did custom stainless rails and put everything at working height on the coaster. Problem solved. However the offset railing and the layout was our inhouse design so by me showing you this i want royalties if you copy our design lol

The offset railing is great, because it's a nice backrest for guys sitting on the gunnels, and allows for things like downriggers to to mount over top of the gunnels and not intrude on space within the deck area

Geeze must be an old picture. That foam flooring lasted maybe one year

20210619_205429.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a Parker dealer on the west coast? Is that 23’ enough of a walk around and cabin for you? That 23 has an amazing dance floor. One of my all-time favorites.

Cannot recall if you wanted to stand up head or not. Plus, I’m trying to stick to fiberglass responses as per your repeated intention. Lol.
No Parker dealers here, but they also have fully enclosed pilot house. they check many of the boxes. Really want an open back - which the north coast and Steiger have.

I don't think he will like the down east style boats. They have a low freeboard. My northcoast is the same just better built then the parkers. Nicer finish on almost every level. We did custom stainless rails and put everything at working height on the coaster. Problem solved. However the offset railing and the layout was our inhouse design so by me showing you this i want royalties if you copy our design lol

Geeze must be an old picture. That foam flooring lasted maybe one year

View attachment 97057
happy to pay royalties for great designs! ;)

Honestly CSC fiberglass who builds northcoast, and wont forget steigercraft in this one, output some of the best fiberglass work you will find for pleasure boat applications in that range of fishing pleasure boats, along with their designs. Parker doesn't even hold a candle.

Grady ****** up. The 23 Gulfstream would have been the greatest boat in that range if they would have done the topside in a better design. They have zero helm space and too much crap taking up room, ski boat windows, and that stupid top, along with the large cuddy. Someone needs to grab a 23 Gulfstream, and take the topside right off and start over. That would be the perfect Westcoast trailerable fish pleasure boat. So sad

Last edited:
@ship happens totally agree with the 232 thoughts. The topside is messed up.

I am anxious to see a steigercraft in person. Computer viewing only gets you so far!

There's not a perfect boat out there right now IMO. However you can always customize and tick as many boxes as possible. There are some things you can live with and things that you can't. Like I mentioned above, I know you don't like the low freeboard, totally understandable. However it can be fixed. Steiger is totally worth a look if you can find one. I don't know of any up here in BC. Surprisingly. Wicked boats.

There's not a perfect boat out there right now IMO. However you can always customize and tick as many boxes as possible. There are some things you can live with and things that you can't. Like I mentioned above, I know you don't like the low freeboard, totally understandable. However it can be fixed. Steiger is totally worth a look if you can find one. I don't know of any up here in BC. Surprisingly. Wicked boats.
So far, the steiger is the closest to my wish list. The wife and I may take a trip back to Long Island to check them out in person at the factory. I'm ot spending this kind of money to get a boat I don't love! :)

So far, the steiger is the closest to my wish list. The wife and I may take a trip back to Long Island to check them out in person at the factory. I'm ot spending this kind of money to get a boat I don't love! :)
I'm a little jealous 🤩

Please take pictures if they allow you to

CSC is not far away. Might be worth a visit as well!

Still looking. I don't think the northcoast is the right boat for me. Looking at the steiger craft 23 Miami which was recommended from members on this thread. From the web, it fits many of my requirements. No local dealers. Anyone have one?
I had interests in this 255 Miami Steigercraft with an extended open back, just in Seattle. Love the layout of these boats with no step downs on the deck

Very odd.. I feel like it's the most capable for most people's needs and yet somewhat affordable compared to the bigger boats.
I completely understand it. I'm sure the space it takes up and the man hours to produce are similar to a 28-32 foot boat, but they can sell those for twice as much. Why target a budget market when you can go after the more spendy clients, especially when quality labour is hard to come by.

I completely understand it. I'm sure the space it takes up and the man hours to produce are similar to a 28-32 foot boat, but they can sell those for twice as much. Why target a budget market when you can go after the more spendy clients, especially when quality labour is hard to come by.
Ya I guess they've ran the numbers. To me as a lay person, I see 10, Campion 542 size boats for every 28-30' boat but I guess if the profit margin is that much better on the upper end it makes sense.

Ya I guess they've ran the numbers. To me as a lay person, I see 10, Campion 542 size boats for every 28-30' boat but I guess if the profit margin is that much better on the upper end it makes sense.

Speaking of campions.. how about a ex24bra?

Back