where to buy a new boat trailer

wagonmaster

I have a 2004 Campion 542, garage kept and in perfect shape. The trailer, on the other hand, has been giving me grief for the last two years. The surge brakes keep seizing up and I have spent north of $1500 on new parts and labour at two different dealerships, but the problem keeps reoccurring. Hate to waste the investment at this point, but enough. Live in Victoria and am looking for any tips on new trailers and input on where to buy one. I'll start by phoning the dealerships, of course, but maybe there is a better option out there. Thanks.

I have a 2004 Campion 542, garage kept and in perfect shape. The trailer, on the other hand, has been giving me grief for the last two years. The surge brakes keep seizing up and I have spent north of $1500 on new parts and labour at two different dealerships, but the problem keeps reoccurring. Hate to waste the investment at this point, but enough. Live in Victoria and am looking for any tips on new trailers and input on where to buy one. I'll start by phoning the dealerships, of course, but maybe there is a better option out there. Thanks.
If recently bought a new trailer and wish I went with a tuff trailer. Tuff trailer offers warranty on the brake system and lights

Drum brakes are a non stop headache on boat trailers, even if you get the coated parts. Once I switched to disk no more lock up or stuck brakes, way easier to rinse off too. If your going new, shop around and don’t just take the cheapest option, which will be roadrunner, they are the cheapest for a reason and will most likely have drum brakes too.

Had a Tuff Trailer under my previous boat. Wish I had it back. Pricey but good equipment.

Island Spring in Ladysmith is a dealer for Highliner trailers, good bunch of guys, may be worth a call.

I bought my Marlon Karavan trailer from Bill Howich in Campbell River. They were good to deal with and actually had inventory. They also gave me a fair trade-in for my old trailer. The Marlon Karavan are aluminum I-beam with electric over hydraulic disc brakes like the Tuff trailers. It’s a bit of a drive up Island for you but at least there’s no ferries involved.

Back