Vancouver Chuck

I BET HIS DAY WAS RUINED. ROCKY POINT BOAT LAUNCH THIS MORNING
DSC00374.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

HPIM1274-1.jpg

regardless how this happened there's agood chance the boat is o.k.
Maybe cosmetic gelcoat scratches. Beats driving inside a houseboat.[:0]

was out as well saturday afternoon in the slop along west van shoreline, had one pop off another bouncing rod and gone as well as a long line release with some sort of cod. Pretty slow for the5 hrs put in!! Got ossed around with that norwesterly and some pretty good tide! I think the moon might have some effect on the lack of bite right now.Some calmer winds and I would be wanting to south towards middle arm.

Was out off Ambleside for a couple hours last night and a bit of a bite came at 7:45pm just east of Navy Jack Pt.. Lost two cohos (fought better than I did) and boated one 15 lb. red spring. Each of the three were at 40ft. The two cohos hit a white hootchie and the spring hit a green splatter back Ace Hi Fly.

quote:Originally posted by Mclovin
Had a great morning! Headed out to west van. Got hit on our first pass and landed the first tyee of the boat. 33#s on a chove at 50ft.

Nice fish! [8D]

Tyee.jpg

Nice fish, but get your scale checked. ;)

Love the hate mail! [}:)]

Hello fishin_magician

You received the following message from: ferret (******7@shaw.ca)

At: http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/

you are a f*cking *****

Oh..and BTW Fogducker, I catch plenty of nice fish of my own, and when I call a fish over 30 lbs, it's over 30 lbs. To each his own.

Jealousy gets you no where, I am sure FM has heard this several times before. Too bad a guy can't show off a nice fish without some jerk ruining it for him[:X]

It is an excellent fish, I don't think F.M. meant anything by that.Lets not be so sensitive on here ladies.

Can't we all just get along:D It was a nice fish, and the biggest my buddy had ever caught. I will never know exactly what it weighed cuz it's all chopped up now. I have caught/guided many big fish and can say this fish was in the 30# range..lets leave it at that.

Hey FD I'm headin to Bamfield round the 22nd of August. Any tips on fishing locations??

quote:Originally posted by Moocher

Jealousy gets you no where, I am sure FM has heard this several times before. Too bad a guy can't show off a nice fish without some jerk ruining it for him[:X]

LOL MOOCHER! It's pretty obvious you know nothing about me and if you did you wouldn't have made that comment--and you obviously don't fish around Vancouver a whole lot because you're not mooching in any of the spots myself or any of the others are fishing. If my comment ruined it for him, by calling it a nice fish, then that's unfortunate.

The formula is:

Girth x Girth x Length (in inches) divided by 800 and based on the many many fish I've measured and released for my guests in the Charlottes and on the BC Coast, I've found that formula accurate to within 1 lb 95% of the time. I've measured dead fish on the dock at the weigh scale, and the formula works--that's why all the lodges use it and keep a grid on board which show the measurements and weights. On bigger fish (over 40 lbs) it's within 2 lbs 98% of the time or better.

Run McLovin's measurements and see for yourself.

Anyways, nice fish for the guy and I'm sure he's happy---and he should be.

Back